cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized printing of inspection lot details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Everyone,

I have an inspection plan with seven MICs. My client is doing result recording and closing the inspection lot. Once it is done, he print these details and provide the same to management. He uses the standard inspection report to carry out this task.

Problem is that user do not always enter all the results and therefore printing the report becomes lengthy because everything get printed into that. Other than that, they also don't want every detail which appears at the header level (like task list type etc) & along with the mics as well, as they are irrelevant for the management. They simply look for inspection characteristics and the values against it.

Is there a way to print the desired results and details only for an inspection lot?

~Karen~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As much as I understood about your query is that you are looking for two solutions,

user do not always enter all the results and therefore printing the report becomes lengthy because everything get printed into that.

What does it mean? If out of 7 MICs, say user has done RR in 3 only, you want only those three to print in the report?

they also don't want every detail which appears at the header level (like task list type etc) & along with the mics as well, as they are irrelevant for the management. They simply look for inspection characteristics and the values against it.

I assume you seek for specific info at the header level and obviously not looking for Inspection type, Origin, Task list etc there.

If I have understood correctly, then the answer to your query is YES! This can be done via little modification in the SAPscript associated. You would need to sit with an ABAPer and explain the logic. It is modifiable and I personally have done this before (my very first query on SCN).

Pl refer this

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Nitin,

Yes I do want only those three to print into report with required details only. My client doesn't want all the inspection characteristic to appear if they are not result recorded. I discussed it with ABAPer and after some customization (I don't know what has been done SAPscript), desired output is coming.

Thank you for the link and your suggestion. It worked.

~Karen~

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I know you didn't ask for it, but is there the possibility to change the reporting process you mentioned? It does seem very outdated...can't you have them go for system-based reporting/dashboards/...?

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Martin,

Your suggestion is really nice but I can't go after it as it is not my decision but my client's. They need this print report for some inter division purpose and that's much I know about the process. Other than that, there is some authentication rule also where quality manager verify and attest the result and based on that, user would give the usage decision. Ahhh.. complicated process !!

~Karen~