cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Samsung S4 / S5 request for admin privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have problems with devices S4 and S5, when the scheduler applies policies, the Samsung device administrator permission requests. Afaria is the only one who has administrator permission, besides the mail to set up the exchange. No such export policies to see so that may help.

thank you very much.

Ale Suarez.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

Can you verify the settings for the Policy 'Afaria Administrative priviliges removable NO' once again.

Verify if User Authentication or password prompt is enabled for this policy.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

I checked, does not allow them to remove the administrative privileges, and the user does not request authorization may be related to the nmep? We are coming to install sp4. We are very complicated with a client who needs this service is transparent before the end of the month.

Thank you.

Ale Suarez

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ale Suarez,

Thanks for sharing the screen shots. Though user authentication is not enabled for 'Afaria Administrative priviliges removable NO' policy, what I would like you to do is cross check all other Android configuration policies and check if any of the policy has these settings enabled.

Please check and let me know.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth:

Thanks for the answer, in this case I have a policy that makes equipment inventory periodically, this should have checked the option of Admin Privilege set to No?

thanks.

Ale Suarez.

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ale Suarez,

The parameter which you are checking 'Set Afaria Administrative Privileges Removable' is to allow user to Remove Afaria administrative privileges or not.

Can you please check parameter 'Authentication' in summary page for all other configuration policies.

Also can you share screen from the device when it prompts for Administrator permissions.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikanth,

the parameter 'Authentication' is unchecked in all the policies, im going to ask to our customer for the screen from the device. Could it be associated to de nnmep recurrent admin privileges... that its fixed in sp4?

thanks

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ale Suarez,

Yes looks like it is something fixed in SP4 and it is related to parameter 'Set Afaria Administrative Privileges Removable'. Just to test it, try to check this parameter and select 'Yes' and see if it prompts you again for admin permissions.

Also have a look at SAP Mobile Secure Release Notes.

http://help.sap.com/download/multimedia/zip-afaria/release_notes_dec_2013_v3.pdf

Thanks,

Srikanth

Answers (0)