cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server proxy in background mode using abap?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to schedule server proxy in back ground mode using ABAP report. I already have the payload available in XSTRING(binary) saved in Z table. I know how to convert binary string to XML (using FMs -  SCMS_BINARY_TO_STRING).

However, is there any way to pass binaryXML(XSTRING) to server proxy (without converting the paylolad to XML and use SAX/DOM parser to populate proxy input structure ) ?

Not sure, if SET_XML(IF_WS_PAYLOAD) method can be used.

Thank you,

Mallik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

What is your scenario?

However, is there any way to pass binaryXML(XSTRING) to server proxy (without converting the paylolad to XML and use SAX/DOM parser to populate proxy input structure ) ?

Not sure what you meant by this one, since your format is already in XSTRING (I assume this is base64), you can just pass this as is in an XML field (without conversion). There is no need to use SAX/DOM parsing just use string operations.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your help with prompt response. My issue is resolved after using the following class in abap report(back ground).

CALL METHOD cl_proxy_adapter_test=>inbound_test

My requirement is to save the incoming XML in first server proxy and run another proxy in background mode by passing the payload

Regards,

Mallik

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malik,

I would like to schedule server proxy in back ground mode using ABAP report. I already have the payload available in XSTRING(binary) saved in Z table. I know how to convert binary string to XML (using FMs -  SCMS_BINARY_TO_STRING).

If you think about this, it hasnt sense, a server always need to be alive wainting a communication. If you want to stop the server reception, the middleware system (in this case PI) would need to store the messages for a future server availability, then this would work only with async messages. I dont see right now the utility of this, may be don't overload the ECC system in a work hours, is this the problem?

Are you talking about to do this conversion in a java mapping inside the PI? aren't you?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK its not possible to schedule the server proxy as it can lead to time out error for the request being triggered to the server proxy....

May be you need to design this in alternative way like using FM and file approach...where file gets posted to the particular path of application server and your FM/Report should pick this and schedule the required processing in background...

May be if the above didn't suffice you need to articulate your requirement someone here can be able to assist you...

Gud Luck

HTH

Rajesh