cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 2.3 Registration failed Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please look at my problem.

I have installed smp 2.3. service to new server and restored application using exported project from previous server.

It was standard import/export feature of sap mobile workspace.

Now it's testing and development period, we need access to smp server from a couple of mobile devices with that application running.

So I decided to use No security connection template.

And every device but one is running ok. And that one device we had used on previous server instance.

When I try to register on SMP server with this device I recieve the following error:

Registration failed for Device: [deviceGUID__appName] User: [myUserName] DevType: android ( Jmo ). Errorcode = 105 ErrorMessage: Device already register wih username, security config and application id that doesn't match current values.

But in SCC in application connections tab for that application there is no entry with this deviceGUID. And for all applications in SCC there is no such connection or user with this DeviceID.  If any I would deleted it to free up this deviceID for new registration.

To overcome this I duplicated application with preConfigured supAdmin connection template just for that device.

May be there's a way to read SMP DB and try to find and delete such entry manually? Or right way to delete existing device registration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I've found solution.

Despite that in SCC you don't see connection from that device, it doesn't mean that there's no connection data in SMP DB.

I opened DB, found particular table and deleted unnecessary and blocking connection info data.

After that everythyng worked fine.

I wrote a post about accessing SMP DB:

What I needed: open SQL Anywhere 12 zone in DB explorer utility scjview.exe, and in the only primary server open DB called "default".

The data with application connection info is located ini table "DEVICES". Open it, analyze and edit/delete unnecessary entries.

After that application from problem device run ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please share more points on this?

So I decided to use No security connection template.

And every device but one is running ok. And that one device we had used on previous server instance.

What kind of app it is? MBO based or OData based? Hybrid or native app?

More details can be found at server logs. C:/SAP/mobile server/logs/xxx.log

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's MBO, native android app.

we use the following code in application for  registration:

app.setApplicationCallback(new DefaultApplicationCallback());

appDB.registerCallbackHandler(new DefaultCallbackHandler());

appDB.setApplication(app);

appDB.getSynchronizationProfile().setServerName(serverHost);

ConnectionProperties connProps = app.getConnectionProperties();

LoginCredentials loginCredentials = new LoginCredentials(login, password);

connProps.setLoginCredentials(loginCredentials);

connProps.setServerName(serverHost);

connProps.setPortNumber(serverPort);

connProps.setNetworkProtocol("http");

app.registerApplication(timeout); 

and during registerApplication method i get that error.

on other devices it works ok.

my suggestion is that when I imported project and deployed it on server, it had included some info about previous devices connected - the problem device was among them.