cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication B/w R/3 to GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have small doubt about the connection of ECC and GTS.

To communicate ECC to GTS we define Logical systems and assign logical systems to client.

Also we maintain RFC method call in ECC system.

Suppose In R/3 system if I define Logical System T90CLNT090

Suppose my ECC client is 410

In the same manner i maintain logical system in GTS as GTSCLNT150,

Suppose my GTS Client is 160.

How do i assign I have small confusion at the time of assigning logical systems to client.

How we maintain RFC for these.

Can any one explain on these in detailed.

Thanks in Advance for helpful answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically the naming convention that we follow while creating the Logical System is

<SystemID>CLNT<clinet>

Assuming GTS as your GTS system ID and ECC as your ECC system ID.

So while defining logical system in ECC,  for connecting to GTS we will be defining the name using the GTS system Id and client : in user case it will be : GTSCLNT160.

From this we will easily know to which GTS client our ECC system is connected to.

Similarly in the GTS side we will define name with the ECC system id and client like : ECCCLNT410.

This will let you know which from which client/system the connection is .

for Establishing the connection we will create the Logical system for both the servers in GTS as well as ECC.

Now you need to create a RFC connection to establish a physical connection between these systems.

For this You will have to go to SM59 or through ECC side GTS cockpit->Basic Settings->Assign RFC.

The RFC connection will also be created with the same naming convention of the logical system so suggested to create RFC connection with the name GTSCLNT160 which specifies that connection is to connect to the GTS client 160. You need to know the IP and user credentials for this. if the ECC and GTS are on same system you can select the check box named"Current user in the "Logon and security" tab of the RFC creation t code.

The Assignment of Logical system to Client is to establish the connection. we are specifying the Which logical system specifies which client. as the naming convention specifies ECCCLNT410 which denotes that the client is 410 assign the Logical system to the client 410 in ECC and in GTS assign the logical system GTSCLNT160.

Understand that the client assignment to the logical system of ECC clients happen in ECC and GTS client in GTS  and not in combine in any system if systems are different.

Hope it cleared the Doubt.

Please revert in case of query.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As per your inputs, I would say that as below:-

• Maintain Logical system name through Tcode- /sapsll/tbdls_r3 as T90CLNT090 and GTSCLNT150.
  • Assign clients to both logical system through tcode- /sapsll/t000_r3 as 410 and 160 respectively
  • Maintain RFC connection and specify respective client and log on details for the counterpart systems.

PS:- Logical system names in both the system can differ from one another but it is always recommended to use similar naming convention for both for respective system.

I hope you got it now.

In case of any further queries, please let me know it.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aman.