cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Task Limit MaxDB 7.5.18 with 7.7 GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Long story short, I've got a new SAP Instance and DB running that I'm testing a complete data restore. Upon testing the complete data restore using the Database Studio v. 7.7 connecting to MaxDB 7.5.18 on Linux RHEL3, the GUI goes through DB activation and seemingly the restore of the backup file but the GUI says "1 Task Limit" and stops.  The knldiag just waits at "COMMUNIC wait for connection T63".  When I browse that file though, I find all the parts with activation and recovery and there are no errors.

Does anyone know what the GUI means by 1 Task Limit and am I safe to cancel the GUI and try to bring the DB online?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

There is some connections to MaxDB which interferes with the restore. In my case I was connected via dbmcli utility to the database, but the SSH session went down for network timeout leaving a process in hang status on the OS level. To avoid the error I manually killed the process and the restore started and finished successfully

Regards,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!  I solved this similarly myself by using the dbmcli instead of any GUIs.  I tried many versions of the GUI and they all had this problem but when using the CLI, no such problems.  Seems like a the GUI was trying to connect more than once or something similar.

Answers (0)