cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Alerting for PI 7.1 with Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

i am trying to get message Alerting of the SAP PI 7.1 to the solution manager 7.1 Alert Inbox (PI Monitoring).

I cant find a how to or something.

The following two options are in my mind:

1. implement in RZ20 an Monitor for PI-> create alert categories and rules -> create metrics for the pi in the solman 7.1 (system monitoring) setup to get these mtes.

2. implement the old ccms infrastructure

Goal: get Alerts in the Solman 7.1 PI MON Alert Inbox if some Messages as they defined in the RWB Alert Rules are not transfered.

Get anyone some know how with this use case?

Thanks and kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahr,

Solution Manager 7.1 has a functionality called Technical Monitoring, which keeps a track of all the performance based & availibility metrics of a managed system.

It can also be used to generate email alerts to a group of intended receipients.

I would personally recommend this over CCMS. It uses Diagnostics Agent to pull all these details from the managed system & the configuration is very easy to achieve.

Below is the guide to configure the same -

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting.pdf...

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tanmeya,

at first thanks for your fast reply.

i am familiar with setting up system monitoring and getting my metrics for the managed systems.

The Trouble was, how to get the information for the PI Message Alerting. Actually i am setting up it per customer template an creating new metrics for the MTEs on the sap pi 7.1

thanks and kind regards

torsten

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

Could you check in transaction RZ21 -> Method Definitions -> Display Overview

There are following methods related to XI messages -

SAP_XI_Message_Analyze

SAP_XI_Message_Collector

SAP_XI_Message_Indexing

SAP_XI_Message_Performance

SAP_XI_QRFC_Queues_Analyse

You can either create your own methods with reference to these or directly assign these methods to MTEs.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanmeya,

thanks again. I also had some trouble with these methods.

In SOlution Manager 7.1 Step: Solman Config-> Tech. Mon-> System Moni i am have customer templates with new created metrics. These metrics are for the managed System of SAP PI 7.1 to collect the "RWB Alert Categories: active alerts". I am setting the new metric up as categorie:performance. actually i am not getting my informations in the system monitoring workcenter. maybe you have some tipps for me?

Thanks and kind regards

torsten