Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TU via qRFC in EWM

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I knew that SAP supports standard IDoc communication via XI for creation of TU in EWM. Is it possible to change this to qRFC communication?

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sasidhar,

Standard/recommended  way for TU creation in EWM is via idoc and Easy.

But you can write code in bapi replica to create TU as per delivery Means of trans. filed in ECC.

and call PPF function to create TU in EWM. But sure this is big enhancement in system.

Afraid for getting good result oriented success. 

Found some more info please check does it satisfy your work.

Attached to SAP note 1978857 is a guide how to integrate SAP TM with SAP EWM using point-to-point (P2P) communictauin via the Web Service Reliable Messaging (WS/RM) protocol instead of a mediated communication via the XI/PI protocol and SAP Process Integration (SAP PI)

Regards

Suraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Sasidhar

If you are not using shipment functionality in ERP and still want to achieve shipping and receiving (TU and Veh ) functionality in EWM. Please find below way. In this way IBD qrfc will create TU/VHE in EWM directly. No shipment required in ERP-ECC.

Integration of ERP Deliveries in Shipping and Receiving - Shipping and Receiving - SAP Library

Shipping and receiving offers features to create transportation units or vehicles in SAP EWM based on transport information contained in SAP ERP inbound or outbound deliveries. With this integration, you can plan the transportation process for deliveries in ERP without using shipments in ERP.

Prerequisites

You must ensure that the following prerequisites are met:

• The DTU status (Assign Transportation Unit) is active for the delivery type and item type used in EWM.
  • The PPF action /SCWM/WHR_CREATE_VEHICLE is active in the action profile assigned to the delivery type in EWM.
  • When creating a delivery in ERP, you enter a means of transport type and a means of transport ID in the delivery header.
  • You have created a link between the means of transport derived from the ERP means of transport type and the TU packaging material. On the Easy Access screen, choose  Extended Warehouse Management  Settings  Shipping and Receiving  Link Between Packaging Material (TU) and Means of Transport  . This setting determines whether EWM creates a vehicle and/or a transportation unit.

Regards

Suraj

venkatasasidhargupta_gada
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj

Thanks, I'll try to implement this and let you know the results. Have you already done this? Does this work in both ways? I mean updates from ERP to EWM and back to ERP.

Thanks

Sasidhar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasidhar,

Yes it works, I worked long back. But check below link and its supporting nodes. At the same time you also take help of technical consultant if you stuck. Possible to write some small code to get result. And possible to have some sap note to fix.  Not sure with complete setup, as I worked long before.

Integration of ERP Deliveries in Shipping and Receiving - Shipping and Receiving - SAP Library

Regards

Suraj