Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

howto handle ABAP user parameter

christian_rose2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am on IDM 7.2 SP9 and try to enable the provisioning of ABAP user parameters. An older landscape guide says that this was disabled in 7.2 because of there is no support for this process but it should be possible to enable it with a job wizard. I cant find such a process within the wizard for reading the parameters.

Can anybody give me a hint how this can be done (both read and write to an ABAP system)?

Regards

Christian 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what you need to do is to enable the "parameter1" attribute in the Create and Modify ABAP user plugins and somehow get the values for the parameters.

The syntax for the parameter1-attribute value would be concatenated string of parameter name and value pairs with attributes separated by pipe:

param1Name=param1Value|param2Name=param2Value

for example (from old project and cannot even remember what those parameters do):

AQW=|OFF_ADB_RESIZE=X

What are the parameter requirements you're implementing:

1. same hard coded value for all the users to all the repositories?
  2. same parameter for all the users to specific repository/repositories?
  3. diffrerent parameters for different users to different repositories?

Depending on your requirements you'll probably end up with combination of global constants, repository constants, scripts etc.

regards, Tero

christian_rose2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tero,

Thank you very much for your tips!

The requirements tend to 2. or 3..

Regards

Christian

christian_rose2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tero,

I think i've got it.

I activated the parameter1 attribute in the Create and Modify ABAP user plugins so i could set the parameter in the ABAP backend. If someone does this, pay attention, this overwrites the existing parameters.

Second, which under normal circumstances should be first, i modified the Initial Load Job. In Step ReadABAPUsers i activated

Target: sap%$rep.$NAME%Parameter1:Info:VARCHAR:255:|

Source: parameter1

This creates a separate table with user-id and the parameter

In step WriteABAPUsers i added the Attribute:

MX_PARAMETER

Value: $FUNCTION.z_abap_getParameter(%logonuid%)$$

The script does a select: select Info from mxmc_rt_u.sapXXXXXXParameter1 where refid = '" + Par + "'

and the according split and formatting to write it back to MX_PARAMETER.

And this finally fills me the Parameters in IDM.

Thank you very much!!!

Christian

Answers (0)