cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Planning book vs cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a cube for sales data , the data will upload to planning area through BW, this job is running dialy.

For one product in April month open sales order in the Cube is zero but in the planning book  its showing 1 for the same.

Any clue, why data in the cube and planning book is diffeent.

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How you are laoding the Data in APO BW, if its through SAP BW, in the intial data extraction DSO tables you can see all the changes , It may be a situation where demand created and order line rejected and you are ot capturing those lines . But the net changes not flown into APO due to some reason. Back track your data once you might find some solution

Thanks,
Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

As you mentioned APO data we are getting from BW cubes and may be demand is created and order line rejected. Can you please suggest me how can I see DSO Tables extraction data and  back track  the data.

As our BW consultants are telling as the data in the cube is correct no issue with BW and there is  issue in APO only.

Regards,

Srihari.M

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srihari,

I have no idea how you are loading the open orders. The best way to laod the 'Open orders is always delete the open orders using a macro OR Initialize the KF and then load from the cube. the options provided in TSCUBE can not take care of open order logic.

Best option-Macro

Thanks,

Subash

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

In addition to what Subash has written, please check the keyfigure assignment (in TSCUBE) and make sure the "Add Data" is un-checked.

Pl Note: as a best practice all loaded key figures need to be reset, unless you have the above check box maintained.

Regards,

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash/Jagannadha,

we are loading to planning area through BW info cube.

In TSCUBE -Keyfigure assignment "Add Data: is unchecked.

As we are loading the data from BW using background job daily at 5 AM then  is it best practice all loaded figures key figures need to be rest. If yes how can be done.

One important observation is sales data difference is only for one product and for one month.For the same product remaining months are matching.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Srihari.M

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

To reset the key figures, you have to create a macro and assign the macro to an Activity. Then create a Job based on this activity and selection profile. To speedup the reset job, it is better to use aggregates at the highest level, so that CVC reading will be a minimum and hence run time.

As far as the reset macro is concerned,

The prerequisite for Initializing a key figure is that you have set the corresponding flag ("Zero allowed") in the planning area key figure settings.

Now coming back to your observation, one check point could be to see whether there is any rounding logic exists in the key figure.

Also another option could be, just for testing purposes, you can manually reset the key figure for the model, and reload back from cube (filter to this CVC), to check if you are still facing this issue.

I guess the above check could bring us a solution.

Regards,

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

Can you tell me how to reset the key figure.

Regards,

Srihari.M

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Jagannadha has explained the logic of a possible macro I had talked about. This is how my macro looks like:

The other option od 'Initialize' using a macro which will work ONLY if you have 'ZERO ALLOWED' enabled. The macro should look like this.

Please try these options and let us know.

Thanks,

Subash