cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrpupted page after logging in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have developed an ITS-Service (based on an ABAP Z-transaction).

We are using Symbol (Motorola) MC3100 handhelds with a Wavelink Telnet CE browser on it.

The problem is, that after logging in on the device the first page is corrupted (see screenshot):

Not only are the buttons not showing correctly, they also can not be pressed.

After refreshing the page in the browser it looks & works as desired:

This behaviour is the same on multiple devices!

I've already tried to invalidation the server side cache (in transaction SMICM) and the MIME cache (in transaction SITSPMON), but it didn't help.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this behaviour?

Thanks and regards

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

What are your system details? SAP BASIS and Kernel patch level?

I believe you are perhaps experiencing the issue in note

1989363  ITSmobile: removed BASE tag

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

thanks for the reply. We are on SAP BASIS 702, Level 7.

I saw the note mentioned by You, but unfortunately it is not valid for our release (can not be implemented with SNOTE).

Do You have any other ideas?

Regards

Jan

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Can the issue be reproduced on a standard Desktop/Laptop browser like IE or Firefox?

What Kernel are you using?

Also what ITSMobile template generation style did you use to generate the templates?

What are the 'GUI Configuration' settings of the ITSMobile service in SICF?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

we are on SAP Kernel 721_EXT_REL, patch number 201.

When testing the service on a desktop in Firefox or Internet Explorer the issue is not reproducible.

BUT: On the handheld device the problem is not only appearing in the Wavelink browser, but also using the Internet Explorer on the handheld device... So it seems to be independent from the browser on the hand held.

I used the MOBILE style when generating the templates. And these are my GUI settings:

I already tried to remove the DEVICEINCLUDE (needed to fire an auto-enter after scanning), but that did not change anything.

Regards

Jan

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You generated your templates with an old generator "Mobile" where

this line was used

<base href="`strlwr(~HTTP_URI_SCHEME_EXPANDED)`://`~HTTP_HOST`" />

This is outdated and cause's the issue.

Please regenerate your templates with generator "Mobile4" (which also creates faster templates so will improve performance on the handhelds)

Publish in SE80 and test again.

To confirm: If you create a separate service  - (which will be essentially a copy of this service) but this time generate the templates with "Mobile4"; the issue will be resolved. You will also need to create a separate service in SICF of the same name (but using the same settings as above in your last post)

The note I listed earlier is relevant to the issue here.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

great stuff, generating the templates with MOBILE4 style worked for me, the pages are now displaying correctly on the hand held device.

Thanks a lot for Your help!

Regards

Jan

Answers (0)