cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for information on BO server availability, just like the availability log on SAP systems. Please advice if there is way to check the up-time and availability hick-ups for a BO server via CMC or any other way?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If BI4x try the BI Platform Support Tool,  a lot of useful info including server up-time - http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/SAP+BI+Platform+Support+Tool

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
v_veeramalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos
ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could only right click any server and use "Metrics" to get the availability details.  Being specific, it will only show the number of requests it has now, number of requests it had earlier and it's total etc. Other than this, I think there is no option.

Please have a look on this server property called "Metrics" and see if it helps you.  If not completely, but to some extent it will show you the availability but this is manually going to each server and checking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your response.

Is there also a way to see historical availability data, apart from the current availability.

Or can i see when a service/server started, so it can indicate that it is available since that time. Or any similar logs etc.

Thanks again.

Nagaraju

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Indirect way this is possible - If you are on Windows, and if you have event viewer service enabled - then you can see the server started / stopped event details in the event viewer itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like that is a way!

Also i can see the Server Statuses from CMC, which also shows Date modified, which can be identified as service/server start-time.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naga, my responses were based on version XI 3.1 - but just in case if it isn't the XI 3.1 and if its BI 4.0 then I would like to introduce you with the beautiful feature in BI4.0 - that's Monitoring.

It can give you details regarding any BO server start/stop, enabled/disabled details and have this info sent to your BI Inbox or Email address as well.  This feature allows you to write expression ( In watch ) according to your business case and once it evaluates to either lower limit or upper limit, it will notify you.

But it won't give you details like how many requests a particular server is currently processing, how many it processed already, because it allows to you write a expression and will notify you only if that expression evaluates to either of the upper or lower limit value- Metrics in the server properties helps you here.

Please follow the great blog written by Mani on Monitoring and see if any of the functionality helps you in your requirement.

Note: Date Modified cannot be considered the reliable way to determine whether the server restarted, because if you try this- notice the date modified time and right click any server- click properties - click cancel - now notice the same date modified time- it must change.

Thank you, Rahul

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI platform space for faster response