cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Activation : Client Wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Landscape  : 1 ECC System (Multiple Clients(10,20,30 and each client corresponds to each business process)

Knowing the fact that Client wise business handling is not recommended.

Case : GTS checks are applicable for Only client 20. Is it possible to restrict the GTS activities for a particular Client.

The document types and and application level configs can be done client wise. What about the GTS BADI activation and other transfer Document activation.

Is there any built in Functionality for client handling or is there any work around.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there any standard Solution or any possibility through enhancements.

Regards

Devanand D Shenoy

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devanand,

There is no "standard solution", but the standard BAdIs provide sufficient control.  For each "application area" (e.g. 'SD0A' for Sales Documents), BAdI /SAPSLL/CTRL_xxxx_R3 is available to switch off the GTS transfer where necessary.

Building on Dhilipan's suggestions, you could implement your own logic in the BAdI to avoid transfer of data from non-relevant clients.  A little standard GTS code will still run up to that point, but nothing to cause any concerns.  I'd see no advantages in trying to implement enhancements instead.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

The same BADI has been implemented and Boundary condition for client check has been included for restricting the transfer of documents already.

But the case is for  in same system there are multiple clients and within this some clients we need to activate GTS and for other need not.

We have implemented the said boundary condition already in all the changes . But when it comes to a client where GTS need not be working we have not created an RFC and the ALE. So what happens is when creating certain documents Like MIGO, an error message is coming saying that no RFC connection maintained.

For handling this we have created a dummy connection. is there any work around.

Regards

Devanand D Shenoy

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devanand,

I think you've misunderstood my intention with the BAdI.  Apart from any other logic applicable to the business situation, my suggestion is to consider the Client.  Example coding:

* No GTS transfer for client 100

IF sy-mandt EQ 100.

CLEAR: cs_control-gcuma,

cs_control-grima.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

Please try that approach, or let me know if I have missed your point - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devanand,

Yes, you can selectively expose your Client 20 to the SAP GTS services through appropriate settings in the ALE distribution area itself. Basically, you will define Logical system name for each client and then these logical system names can be specifically be used as a bridge to consume the SAP GTS services.

I hope you got it now.

For any further queries, please let me know it.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

I can establish the RFC connection and ALE for client 20. this doesn't mean that the GTS technical activation and document transfer activation  has been restricted to client  20 Only.

More over all the code logic and checks made for GTS in sales and purchase will run. The ALE definition checks,  RFC connection existence checks etc will happen for all the clients. right?

Setting up ALE as per your instruction will only solve the connection part to GTS, and will not restrict the system executing the GTS specific code , fragments I hope !!!!!!

Regards

Devanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devanand,

Yes, that's right. If needed, please have a switch in a custom table with the system and client id to decide whether to trigger an RFC or not to avoid failures in your other non- GTS relevant clients.

In our case, we just leave it as it is. Any documents created in dev. client will fail and not pass through GTS. Testing will only be done in Test client. I am not sure if there is a standard solution for this.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devanand,

In particular, if you would like to avoid RFC destination failures. How about just deactivating the call up SAP Compliance services for the document type in those client at least?

Do you see the BADI and technical activations for transfer being triggered even after deactivating the document type in plug-in config.?

Technical transfer/BADI will not become effective when the document type is not activated. I am not asking you to remove the document type, but you can deactivate the services.

Regards

Dhilipan

Message was edited by: Dhilipan Sundararajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devanand,

My Mistake, if I didn't made it more clearer and simpler.

Basically, what I told is that while making connection between GTS system and Feeder system (client 20 in this case), there is something known as mapping in both the system which is also  further segregated by Logical systems at both the ends. First understand a scenario where a GTS solution and feeder solution are both located on the same physical system but with different clients. In that ase, these clients acts as the distinguishing factor while connecting both system and nothing happens as per your concern. Even If, there is such a scope, why not you remove the mapping at Feeder system end for non required systems and make the response to  follow on with document processing if GTS system  is not found or even if there is a GTS block. In this case, there will be no effect of GTS processing on other clients for which there is no mapping and  for which ,response settings are done.

Regards,

Aman