cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset Notification in plain text and not HTML

0 Kudos

Please assist,

I have a requirement to send the emails regarding password reset for access control in plain text instead of HTML.  Does anybody know if this can be done and if so how?

I have looked in SE61 and the text appears to be plain text however when email is sent it is sent with HTML tags.  Document GRAC_CUP_PSS_NOTIFY

We are using AC10.

Regards

David Cuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Isnt this setting in Outlook itself.

You set it up to view the mail in HTML or Rich Text or Plain Text.

Regards

Mustafa

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mustafa,

you can allow that emails are sent in HTML in the exchange settings for each mail account. Beside that you can also add HTML code to email templates.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mustafa,

Alessandro is correct. I have created Z-Document with HTML tags  in it. PFB the snapshot for reference.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can create Z-Document as per your requirement and assign that document in email notification.

For example:

Dear %FIRST_NAME% %LAST_NAME%,

Your password has been reset as per details given below:

%PSS%

Kind Regards

SAP Helpdesk Team

Note: This is a system generated mail. Please do not reply to this mail.

Thanks

Katrice

0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

I understand that and can find a way to do that for the standard workflow notifications however I cant find where I can link the Z-Document for the password reset message which is not part of the workflows.  I also need to ensure the email is sent as plain text and not HTML

Thanx

David Cuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Link that Z-Document in SPRO.FYR check this document.

Thanks

Katrice

0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Thank you for the assistance so far.  Really appreciated.

I have tried some of the settings in the document however the email is still being sent with HTML tags in.  I have pasted below screenshots of what we have done so far.  We did create a Z Document and linked it to the message class.  In this Z Document there are no HTML tags.  We also amended the SMTP settings (see below)

Is there any other advice you can give.

Thanx

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you don't mind, can you provide the snapshot of email(having HTML tags in).

Thanks

KH

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

please also provide us the source code of the email (in Outlook: right click > View Source).

Regards,
Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

This is where is gets a little complicated. 

What we have in place is the ability to send an email from an SAP system and based on the email address that the email is being sent to the email is directed by MS Exchange to a SMS gateway system that converts the email to a SMS and the recipient receives the email as an SMS on their cell phone (essentially the email address is {cell_no}@sms.shoprite.co.za).  This format of email address tells exchange to send an SMS to the cell no provided.  We have many SAP users in our company do not have email addresses which is why we want this option.

The SMS we receive contains the HTML tags.  This process has been working well for a number of years from our ERP system where we get SMS's without HTML tags however when we send it from the AC10 system it has HTML tags.

I have below an example of the SMS that is received from the email sent from AC10. It is obviosuly truncated after a number of characters have been exceeded.

<=21DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC =22-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN=22>
<html>
<head>
<title>
PSS Notification
</title>
</head>
<body>
Hi Gordon Allan (GALLANTES

I have asked the team to get an genuine email sent and I will attach as soon as I have it.

Thanx

Dave

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

please make sure that the sending options of the exchange mailbox is set to plain text instead of HTML. You can define this in the exchange settings of your sending inbox.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro