cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 6.0.32/WM 5.3: Which users got the new app version?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks - We are fairly new users of Work Manager 5.3 with Agentry 6.0.32. We recently updated our WM app with an important fix.  We would like to ensure that all mobile users get the new version of the app.  Our users transmit manually.  Is there any way we can check to see which users have received the updated app (and more importantly, which users have not yet updated)?

Thanks - points awarded for useful answers.

Best Regards - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By "new version" do you mean Agentry Client version or application version?

If you mean Applicaiton version, by the end of the transmit first transmit of the user after the new version was published to the server, the client will have that version.

If you mean Agentry Version, you can look in the User.log file for the following:

2014/05/07 14:39:41.110:             Server version = 6.1.4.179

2014/05/07 14:39:41.110:             Client version = 6.1.4.179

Of if want to pass it to a backend you can use the SDML funkly  <<user.client.ClientVersion>>

Returns the Agentry Client executable’s Agentry version number, such as 6.0.0.0.

&amp;lt;&amp;lt;user.client&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Data Tag Container

Stephen

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen for your response.  I was looking for the application version.  Is there any possibility that future releases of Work Manager will capture and store the the application version in one of the /SYCLO* backend system tables?  Then it could be available via the /SYCLO/ADMIN transaction.
As it stands now I am periodically checking the User logs for a text string that indicates the new version was loaded. 
Best Regards - Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One option would be to look at the messages.log files since you put the upgraded version into production and extract our the usernames of those who have connected since that time (assuming you have all those log files).  Not trivial but the exdtraction process can be automated through parsing scripts.

Details of the messages.log file format can be found at Agentry Messages Log Definition - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

The other option would be to see if there are any SAP logs that might track the last login of your users compared to when the new version was put into production.

--Bill

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for your response.  I had not considered the message log.  I am periodically checking the User logs for a text string that indicates the new version was loaded.

Best Regards - Jeff