cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same material different batches

0 Kudos

Hello,

Here at my customer we want the following. When a material is purchased, or produced it will be stored in our warehouse. The material is batched managed but the problem is that different batches are stored at the same location. This is not what is expected. It should be as described below:

Material AA Batch 12345   store location XYZ

Material AA Batch 98765   store location KLM

what is to be done to make this possible so that every batch from the same material is strored at a different store location.

( but for customizing as well as for MM masterdata if possible.)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not standard for batch management if you try to store same

Material I'm different batches in different slocs.

Still if you want to do it, try selecting desired batches at the time of updating inventory to the sloc. This can be done manually or writing an exit logic.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

If the only thing you want is the information of the storage bin (or maybe picking location) of one batch you can create a characteristic in a batch class to record it. At goods receipt the user can record the storage bin for each new batch or change an existing one. Or even record more than one bins by batch.

Mind you, it is not a stock management solution like SAP WM, it is merely informative, similar to the "Storage Bin" in material master view "Plant Data/ stor. 1". There is no direct relation between stock quantities and this characteristic.

Regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Complementing Jürgen's suggestions,

you can use also use EXIT_SAPMM07M_009 to set storage location or, preferably, implement badi MB_MIGO_ITEM_BADI.

I would probably define a storage location re-determination based on MCHB for existing batches and another thing I actually used in several cases, a batch search help with information of batch stocks in storage locations.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such functionality in SAP inventory management.

I guess you defined all bins as storage location and want achieve in inventory management what SAP designed only for WM.

If you want, then you need to check the entered storage location for existing batches of this material and issue an error message instead of saving the movement. you can do this in exit EXIT_SAPMM07M_001 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want to go for different Storage location when the item is batch managed. Even though the material with the same batch is stored in the same location using batch management you can track its source as well as further movements within the warehouse.

You can use the reports - MB56 / BMBC for tracking / analysis.

Thanks,