cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I started working on PI recently. I did not understand the SLD concept well and need your help.

Is SLD a separate server from SAP PI server or is it part of SAP PI server?

Will this SLD will come along with SAP PI installation or its a separate installation?

Please correct me if I am understanding the SLD in wrong way and if I am wrong with the terminology.And I have heard of Master SLD or Central SLD. Please let me know about this and the differences between local and central sld and suggest me some basic documents to understand SLD in SAP PI.

Thanks,

Swapnika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnika,

SLD is part of PI server.

The SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD) is the central information provider in a system landscape.

The SLD is a server application that communicates with a client application by using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). The SLD server contains component information, a landscape description, and a name reservation, which are based on the standard Common Information Model (CIM).

The CIM standard is a general schema for describing the elements in a system landscape. This standard is independent of any implementation.

Perquisites :

You will need to have system OS (Operating System) level credentials and also the details of back-end server which are connecting too.

You should register the system that you are communicating in SLD based on the type of business system.

Mostly SLD configuration will be taken care by the basis team or SAP NW administrators. but you should also know the some basic concepts like creating product, Software component, Technical and business systems in SLD.

If you can share the email i can send the documents to you.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava Krishna,

Thanks for the information.Can you please elaborate the below point:

"The SLD is a server application that communicates with a client application by using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)"

Please clear my below queries:

1. What is Central SLD and what is the difference between Central and Local SLD?
  2. Do we have to register all SAP and non-SAP systems manually in SLD.

Thanks,

Swapnika

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnika,

"The SLD is a server application that communicates with a client application by using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)"

Server application is nothing but the SAP server, every SAP server has it's own SLD which can be treated as local SLD. it will use HTTP communication to interact with the Client's nothing but the other SAP and non-SAP systems which are configured in your SLD.

1. What is Central SLD and what is the difference between Central and Local SLD?

Using Local and Central System Landscape Directories - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Libra...

Do we have to register all SAP and non-SAP systems manually in SLD.

Yes we should register both SAP and Non-SAP systems manually in SLD.

there are 4 types of Technical and business systems in available in SLD.

Web AS ABAP : used for configuring SAP systems like SRM, CRM etc

Web AS Java :  used for java systems consist of one or more instances.

Third-party  : used for configuring non-SAP systems like Oracle, SQL server, Web-services etc

Stand alone Java: used for java systems that are installed on a system from an administrative perspective.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos