cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new searching field in existing code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 5 fields for Customer search.

I have to add 1 more field for Customer Search.

I will add same variable in Java code and make its fetching function, Then attach this Java code in Agentry app.

Will it work or will I need to do changes somewhere else too?

Regards,

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Prit,

Please mark this thread as answered so others will know a solution was provided.  Thanks!

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason I tried to mark it answered but I am not getting any option to mark correct answer and make status answered like other threads I posted before

Regards

Prit

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prit and Jason,

The original discussion was not marked as a question, so providing a Correct Answer or Helpful Answer to responses is not available.  For the future, please make sure the Discussion is marked as a question.  With the Mark as a Question checkbox not selected, you are simply making an Announcement rather than posting a problem.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Pritam,

What application are you using?  What is the context of Customer Search in your application?  Need more information from you to answer the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am using Smart Service Manager 3.0, back end is SAP CRM, ECC. Agentry client 6.0.38.1, Agentry plugin 6.0.32

In our application, we used to search a customer by 5 fields ( id, city, name, equipment no etc) and I want to add 1 more field that is equipment serial no to fetch a cutomer from CRM system.

What changes are needed to do so as there is a critical requirement which needs to be delivered within this week?

Waiting to hear from you soon

regards

Prit 

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Prit,

Customer Search is not standard in Service Manager, so is this a new screen you added?  I assume it is a fetch screen.  You need to add the new field to the fetch properties, then add it to your screen.  Now the new property "fetch.whatever" will be available in your java to pass along to whatever BAPI call you are making to fetch customers.  That should be it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

Yes it is newly customized screen. It is working now

Thanks and regards

Prit