SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System allowing consumable budget to be more than current budget during budget transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a very strange situation where consumable budget is more than current budget.This is ocurring during budget transfer via FMBB using prepost and then posting through work flow .

Before pre-posting

Current budget          300.000

Consumable budget  150.000

Consumed budget        7.000

Available budget        143.000

I Prepost two budget tranfer documents  documents for 150.000 each and eventually post.(If I try to prepost one document for 300.000 I get an error "The budget amount is not sufficient for release " which is okay).But if I split the amount into two and prepost they go through without any error.

After Pre-Posting

Notice current budget is now zero.

If I post the document instead of preposting , the system is checking fine and throwing an error after posting the first document but I can't post directly in production because we are using workflow.

I am missing any configuration ? Because this seems very illogical

Regards,

Lewis

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Have I posted in the right category?

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lewis

Have you checked note 983853? If not, please read it and implement budget consistency check.

Thanks & regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Thanks for the quick reply .I have already implemented consistency checks so that current budget never goes to negative; and its active and working fine(see below).My only problem is that the system is allowing me to tranfer budget from an address until consumable budget is more than current budget.

For example assuming the report is as follows before transfer;

Current budget          300.000

Consumable budget  150.000

Consumed budget        7.000

Available budget        143.000

Logically system should not allow me to transfer more than 150.000.In my scenario if I prepost a tranfer of  300.000  the system issues an error but If I split the amount into two documents one for 150,000 each and pre-post them one after the other and later post them, they go through without an error.This will then result to current budget being less than consumable budget.

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos

Hi,

That is because prepost does not update current and consumable budget. When you prepost the first transfer of 150,000, the current budget remains unchanged. But why it is an issue just to let workflow process it? At the time when workflow tries to post it, the check takes place and workflow will return an error.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thanks for the insight, my problem still remains that in some instances the system is allowing consumable budget to be more than current budget which is not okay!

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Do I need to define another consistency rule i.e current budget>=consumable budget?  I cant seem to find the key figure for consumable budget (do i need to create?)

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos

Hi Lewis,

There are several reasons for current budget not be the same as consumable budget.

1. AVC ledger budget value filter setting in configuration. Please check your filter setting:

Spro -> ......-> BCS -> Availability Control -> Settings for Availability control Ledger -> Define Filter Settings for Budget Values -> double click on  'Define Consumable Budget'. Check the setting for ledger 9H. Suppose your are using budget release senario. if no filter is set, all realeased budget is qualified as consumable budget while all budget is showing as current budget. If there is a difference between the amount of released budget and budget, the consumable budget and current budget can be different. Based on the situation you described (budget transfers updated current budget but consumable budget remained the same), I believe you use budget release, your filter setting is blank and the transfered budget has not been released yet.

2. Data inconsistencies. This can be corrected by running FMAVCREINIT.

Regards,

Ming