Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERFACE_SIGNATURE_ERROR Server Proxy

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an ICO proxy interface and I'm stuck with below error

Currently, the Message Type in P2 (Old_MT_Response) has been deleted in ESR and is no longer existing. I've created a new Message Type in a different SWCV and Namespace and it's already assigned as input parameter of ZII_HELLO_I. For some strange reason, when I run the interface, the proxy is still using Old_MT_Response as shown in its payload. I wonder why a Message Type that's already been deleted in PI is still being used by the proxy instead of the Message Type that's currently assigned to it. I've already regenerated and reactivated the proxy in SPROXY as per note 1714297 but the problem still persists.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The note 1951130 - XI runtime: Typical problems in receiver proxy system (point 15) redirects to the the note that you has pointed, also to the note  1633980 - XI runtime: Explicit interface determination , have you checked if your system could be affected?

Regards.

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Actually, my whole scenario is Async/Sync Bridge using modules. The Async outbound request-Sync is working fine. But I'm having the problem in the Sync response to Async inbound response. The response message type being used by the Sync interface is already deleted in ESR. But for some reason, it keeps on using the message type that is no longer existing. I've already executed a full CPA cache and it didn't help. So this is not proxy related anymore.

In ESR:

Sync Interface 

Request:MT_ReqNamespace1
Response:MT_ResNamespace1

Actual response payload:  

Response:MT_Old_ResNamespace2

(Note: MT_Old_Res and Namespace2 have both been deleted already in ESR)

Sorry if it's confusing.

Thanks and Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Have you tried to delete the proxy interface in the sproxy  and generate a new one?

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is correct. The proxy interface code still refers to the old message. You need to change its implementation as well.

Regards,

Mark

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki, I've already deleted and regenerated the proxy in SPROXY but the same problem remains.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Double-click your proxy, then once it displays, double-click the provider class.

Click the method and the click the code icon

Check if the method refers to your new data type.

Regards,

Mark

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, Thanks. I've already checked this and everything is fine. Actually, after further investigation, I realized that the problem is in the outbound proxy. I'm using pass thru scenario so both outbound and inbound proxies use the same message types. However, the Outbound proxy keeps on using the old Message Type assigned to it be before that I've already deleted in ESR. Not sure why this is happening but I'm thinking it could be cache issue.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think you have deleted the message type in ESR first before regenerating the proxy. The correct way of deleting would be to remove the Abap proxy first (so that DDIC entries are removed first) and then remove the message type in ESR. Maybe that is the reason why it is still referencing the old message type. A solution would be to use a different namespace for your outbound proxy.

Regards,

Mark