cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding handling error record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gems,

I am new to PI. I need advice on data transfer from SAP to SQL server. I have set RFC call from SAP and data is populating proper in SQL table through PI using JDBC adapter.

I have set component based alert if data is failing.

I need some help on error handling. There are some FI data sent using batch job and it is very difficult to get same data again next day. How can i handle error so that if any communication fails, i can resend data again without resending from SAP.

Also i want to avoide sending duplicate records in case of error.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Are you talking about synchronous or asynchronous messages?, the synchronous obviously you cant resend them from PI, because the sender is not waiting eternally and the response wont work. The asynchronous you can resend from RWB if the message fails (Check this blog .).

If i was you, i would try first to change the sender RFC by sender Proxy because the Proxy technology is better, i set up the monitoring in the ECC, i would develop a log (Z tables) in the sender ECC with the request and finally i would do a report to restart the messages looking at the log records without Ok response.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

monikandan_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

For handling the duplicate records,Go through the below blog.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3525104

Stop processing the duplicate record values

Best Regards,

Monikandan.