Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana Internet of Things IoT Edition

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

a new OSS Note was published on Friday as the Central Note for the SAP Hana Internet of Things IoT Edition:

OSS 2008304 - SAP HANA platform, Internet of Things (IoT) edition 1.0 Central Note

This is represents a very interesting direction.

Andy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Resurrecting this aging thread, as very much interested in updates for further information on SAP HANA IoT being made publicly available.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

No update? ?  Especially interesting in alignment with the new openSAP course on IoT:

https://open.sap.com/courses/iot1

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon-Paul -

Thanks for your continued interest.  IoT Services are still in limited customer released (SP05 was just released), and are used by other SAP apps already such as SAP Predictive Maintenance and Service (http://scn.sap.com/community/internet-of-things/blog/2014/11/11/launch-of-sap-predictive-maintenance...). We expect to have more updates in the coming months.  Stay tuned.

thanks,

-m

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recap:

as of October 2015, these are the Notes available around Hana and IoT:

2008304 - SAP HANA platform, Internet of Things (IoT) edition 1.0 Central Note

2014302 - Release Note Role Activation of IoT Device Configuration after Delivery Unit Import

2040186 - Upgrading IoT Connector from a zip-based installation

2010194 - SAP HANA platform, Internet of Things (IoT) edition 1.0 SP01 Release Information Note

For everybody interested, by reading these Notes, we can begin to piece together the puzzle.

Best regards,

Andy

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll help you out this time --

Version 1.0 SPS02 will be released to limited customers on Friday, and I just released its respective note here:

https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2034360

have fun, and stay tuned for an upcoming internal SAP Mentor webinar.

best,

-m

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Moya,

you are too kind, thank you 🙂

Will the webinar be subsequently published for the rest of of who are interested in the subject, if yes, please come back when it is and let us know.

Best regards,

Andy.

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the product / team is ready -- till then the information is just internal (except for the notes as you've seen).

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wonder why this information isn't made public when it is so important.

Dick

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dick,

me too, hence, right now I don't have time to write a quality blog with background about Internet of Things, and SAP, and the forward looking market predictions etc and then tying it in with this new Hana product, the SAP Hana IoT Edition, hence, posting as a discussion item, to at least share some information for all those interested.

I totally agree, and wonder why this is not being promoted.

Hopefully if SAP's SMASH Tools and Social Media Listening Tools will pick up this thread and the tweet I posted earlier today, and then, we've done our bit 🙂

Andy.

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there --

This first edition is for just a couple targeted customers, a "customer release" as it were.

There is a general release on the roadmap, but not for some time.  There will be ramp-up sessions soon though.  What else would you like to know?

Don't know what more I can add right now, but for the record, I was managing the documentation team.  I have a piece about the M2M World Congress that I'll be publishing soon - perhaps even on this very space.  There are indeed many reasons why SAP and customers should be involved in IoT.

thanks for your interest; I'll try to round up all the information I can for you.

-m

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moya,

thank you for elaborating on this and sharing more information.

I can say we all look forward to your forthcoming publications on this subject.

Since you asked, what else would we like to know....

well, the OSS Note says that a User Guide pdf is 'shipped' with the installation media.

Would it be possible that the User Guide pdf can be attached to the OSS Note, so that we can

read it.

We're a Hana Customer and I tried to find the installation media in the Download Center, but as you say, it is currently only for limited Customer release.

It would be nice to read more about this.

Thanks again for joining this conversation.

Best regards,

Andy.

richard_hirsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moya,

1. Since I have a P-user instead of S-user, I don't have access to OSS notes.
  2. Since the material is not public, I can't blog about it / promote it to the wider community.

If you attending Sapphire, maybe we can meet an discuss this.

D.

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dick,

do you have access to the PAM https://service.sap.com/pam ?

go onto the PAM and in the search box in the top right corner search for

iot

there isn't much information there, but there is something and if you click

on Related Product Versions you will the Hana component that IoT Edition

works with. and can begin to build a picture of what's behind it.

When I find more information I'll share it here.

Andy.

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dick and Andy --

This is about all we can say publicly at the moment, but do stay tuned, and Dick - you'll have to tell me how SAPPHIRE is - I won't be able to make it (but will see you both in Las Vegas?).

Ping me offline via email for more;

all the best,

-m

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moya,

thank you.

I won't make it to LA, but thanks for the offer and email contact.

Tying everything together, there is a very interesting blog today on Industry 4.0

which ties in nicely with this presentation on M2M, Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 – An Industry Perspective

Obviously, when all of these Machines and Devices and Objects are sending and receiving data, there'll need to be an exchange in the middle with a very fast database, hence the SAP Hana Internet of Things Edition.

Best regards,

Andy.

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy -- do keep in touch please.

And thanks for that great reference.

Here's a little more from us today:

http://scn.sap.com/community/internet-of-things/blog/2014/05/14/internet-of-things-goes-mission-crit...