Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse CRM EHP upgrade

giri_dharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I did EHP3 with NW740 upgrade for CRM 7.0 EHP2 with NW730 and got completed successfully in production system.

After upgrade due to some enhancement functionality the custom components in CRM_UI faced some major issues.

Posted message to sap and tried to rectify but before solution, our production downtime is closed and customer asked us to revert the upgrade.

I had restored the database backup taken during down time phase and now system is up and running with CRM 7.0 EHP2 with NW730.

Now the issue is customer wants to again to start upgrade with different SP level. in order to do that i need to reset upgrade completely.

I did not took backup of SUM directory during downtime phase start.

So how can i reset the upgrade manually ?, i believe the only step needs to be carried out is to clear all shadow tables from database and change few status tables.

Please help me in providing the manual steps with standard documentation.

Regards,

Giridharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

giri_dharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for every one who helped me.

I had finally reset the upgrade manually.

I started a new upgrade with the same stack file and upgrade stopped with error "inconsistencies with table", once this error received i did a upgrade reset, which had cleaned up all the upgrade relevant files.

Then still i could find some 2394 tables showed as unknown status, raised a message to sap and SAP asked to drop those tables, once table dropping completed, the upgrade reset was fulfilled completely.

The same status was verified by SAP development team and certified the system is reset fully.

I going to start upgrade in a staging server first with new SP level, once completed will post the status.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The upgrade guide speaks about the possible options to reset the upgrade at various phases.

As the upgrade has been completed on the production system and then client wants to start the upgrade with another patch level then it makes me wonder why they had to wait until the end of the production upgrade.

giri_dharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin

Upgrade guide does not speak anything to do without SUM directory, u need to have the SUM directory with same state to reset.

That is what my problem where its backup not been taken.

Its complicated to explain why different SP level required, but for current situation its the only way it has to go.

Would appreciate if you could help me on the standard steps to reset manually without SUM tool.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Giri

In that case here are the options I can think:

1 - Restore the database backup taken before the start of the upgrade. If you do this then there is no need to reset the upgrade using the tool but you will lose all the production data from the time the upgrade started.

2 - Manually delete the shadow system. Drop the shadow schema. There is a report called RSUPGRES which will reset the upgrade but I am not sure whether it is still valid.

As this is a production system the second option should only be used after consulting with SAP support.

Good Luck

RB

giri_dharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Thanks for the reply

Option1:- we cannot loose data, so cannot go back to previous backup

Option2:- shadow system was already deleted by SUM after successfull upgrade, only shadow tables and few table entries remain in the database, only need to delete those.

Its MSSQL database so not sure what tables and table entries to be deleted is the information I need.

Regards,

Giridharan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Shadow system will have a shadow schema with the extension SHD. Not sure how it works with MSSQL. I suggest to check with the SAP support for the possible options.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

Can you check below threads on resetting the upgrade.

Additionally check the upgrade for detailed steps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

giri_dharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply, I had already checked the mentioned links.

But its not helpful for my scenario.

Regards,

Giridharan