cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI Publication without charts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a WebI publication, that sends a report as PDF containing charts to several users. Unfortunately the report is created without charts, instead just a white space is shown.

I know that it has to do with the Vizualisation Service and the parameters

I set both to the maximum value of 3600. But the publication runs longer than 1 hour.

In some cases it's possible to split the publication or the report but this would be just a workaround. How can I get the charts for reports running >1 hour?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans ,

Publication run time is depend on the

*Amount of data is fetching

*No of users in the publication instance

Lets say you have 5 users and report takes 5 minutes then it'll be 25 Minutes for publications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

I think that's not true. Fortunately BO can run several reports in parallel (depending on your job server settings, I think 10 is the default). So in a perfect world that publication with 5 recipients would run in 5 minutes.

But of course the database and the BO platform are bottlenecks and slow down the parallel report refresh and generation.

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans ,

afaik publication runs in this way only. We have concurrent jobs running , that means a separate instance/Query not the same.

Hope some expert will give us accurate information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

It depends on your publication settings

One database fetch for all recipients: One database query for all recipients, filter is applied on report level

One database fetch per recipient: One database query for each recipient, depending on your job server settings the reports refresh and generations run parallel, it means for example that 10 queries are  executed in parallel on your database

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Including visualization service in proper APS may help. There is an SAP KBA addressing this issue. Cant recall the number now . You can search for it in SMP.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check this :

SAP KBA 1931241 - Web Intelligence: Charts and graphs not displayed when report is set to process on a Server Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit, but in our case the Visualization Service is included in the server group and we just gave the preference to a server group.

The problem occurs only when the duration of the run is >1h, all other publications run fine with charts.