Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported Virus Scan Interfaces

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are in Process of Implementing the Virus Scan Interface for our E-Rec Applications

We are using HP-UX IA 64bit ,  11.31 version and our SAP level is ECC6 With EHP 6 and basis level is 731 with SP 8 ,

can any one suggest me the supported Virus scan interfaces for HP Ux or any Sap notes for the supportabality matrix .

Regards

Sandeep

• SAP Managed Tags:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

For ERP 6.0 EHP6, you may probably use VSI 1.7 or 1.8 ( latest).

For more details on usage, support and configuration refer below SAP notes

782963 - Note about using the Virus Scan Server for NW-VSI

817623 - FAQ: VSI in SAP applications

639486 - Anti-virus protection within SAP applications (BC-SEC-VIR)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually, VSI 2.0 is the latest release of the virus scanning interface. It's implemented across the board and offers much better protection than VSI 1.x.

VSI 1.x was focussed on scanning files before they are stored in the SAP system

VSI 2.0 has a lot of features to protect the SAP application itselft, i.e. from cross-site scripting, directory attacks, active content etc.

cheers,

Joerg

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Deepak ,

Thanks for ur repsonse.

Actually i had gone through the notes, and just trying to Implemennt  clamsap-0.9.7.4 on My Hp-Ux machine,

I had downloaded the file and extratcted to a folder.

But I cant proceed further for Installation , can u pls help me in installating the same .

Regards

Sandeep

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

From google search I could get some image on configuration. Not sure about exact steps

http://www.fileguru.com/ClamSAP/info

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

the screenshot  is final screnshot after completing the installation and configuration from SAp side,

but iam struk at the begining phase only , we need to install the clamSAP on our OS in a particular directory and then we need to provide the path in the SAP side,

But my problem is how can i install the same on HP os, as there is no installation file found in the downloaded tar.gz file.

Regards

Sandeep

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

clamsap comes as a source tarball.

you have to compile it yourself.

Please also be aware it does not include ClamAV. So you will have to download, compile, install and configure ClamAV yourself too!

Joerg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bowbridge
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

FULL-DISCLOSURE: I work for BowBridge Software.

Yet, to the best of my knowledge, our solution is the only one that runs natively on HP-UX IA64.

I'll be delighted to help you out with an eval license and assistance for install/config.

You can run the virus scan with either an embedded, commercial virus scanning engine, or with ClamAV using the c-icap extension (we provide a free-of-charge VM for that, if you want)

cheers,

Joerg