cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i5Chart ToolTip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am facing a problem when I have more number of series in a line chart.

I am currently plotting a line chart with 8 tags/series. When I hover over data points, I get a tooltip. But all the points are not visible on that tooltip. Is there any way I can customize the tooltip pattern to fit name, color and value in one line. Pls refer figure below.

The "..." in figure shows that there are more data points in tooltip but when I try to click on it, tooltip disappears.

Pls letme know any way to do this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Minakshi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

You are right, this is a valid issue with i5Chart in case of more number of series/tags.

However, with the latest patch of SAP UI5 the tooltip has been modified to address this issue. Tooltip in i5Chart with latest SAP UI5 patch would now look like this:

For trying out the new behaviour all you have to do is to download latest patch of SAP UI5 from SAPMP and deploy on NW server. [The SAP UI5 version used in the above example is 1.21.1-SNAPSHOT.]

I know this is not the direct answer to your query about customizing the chart tooltip, it should also be doable, but when such a new feature is made available in the UI5 library itself I believe it is not worth the efforts spent in writing custom code.

Please do check if the above new implementation of tooltip serves your purpose.

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

I am currently having following file installed on my server:

UISAPUI5JAVA11P_3-20009678.SCA Patch for SAPUI5 CLIENT RT AS JAVA 7.31 SP11

Can you please share your file name and path to download it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Minakshi.

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

Please check in SAP SMP for the following file: UISAPUI5JAVA11P_5-20009678.SCA

This corresponds to SAP UI5 version 1.20.4

You can check the version of SAP UI5 by just typing sap.ui.version in browser console. Press F12 and browser console would open and type the above command there.

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Ria.

Really appreciate it.

Regards,

Minakshi.

Answers (0)