cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC error 51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I continuously experiencing IDOC problem with error 51: Characteristic value M05 does not exist in the check table for characteristic WWPP.

Function module: IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_FI/Type: INVOIC02.

Could you please help to find the root cause. By debugging I did not get anywhere.

Thank you!

BB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brigitta,

check the default values for characteristic WWPP in CT04.. Check whether M05 is specified there or not.. if not, then u maintain the value there and repost the IDOC..

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanuja,

Unfortunately I cannot go on with your hint, WWPP is a field name in a table not a characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brigitta,

Place your cursor in the field and a small circle with two overlapping squares is the input help. Click on this, you should see all the conversion rules maintained within the system.

However, if there are no conversion rules maintained, then you would have to do the following.

1. Execute transaction code <b>BD87</b>, drilldown to the error details and identify the affected Vendor/Customer number. Note this number.

2. Execute transaction code <b>WE20</b>, open up " <b>Partner Type KU</b>" if a Customer, and "<b>Partner Type LI</b>", if a Vendor. You would see your number under here. Click on it to display it. Highlight "<b>INVOIC02</b>" and click on the Display icon. On the next screen, under Inbound Option tab or Outbound Option tab (depending on whether the message "INVOIC02" is under inbound or outbound parameter respectively), you would see the field "Processing code", double click on the entry here and this would take you to the details screen where you would see your function module "<b>IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_FI</b>" in the field "Identification". Double click on the function module and update the data declaration and all other necessary object.

<u><b>Caveat:</b></u> If you're not an ABAPer, i would suggest you get one to do the update for you.

I hope the above helps.

Do not forget to award the points please.

Regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

: ( This is the step exaclty until I already got. The problem is that I am not an ABAPer, so by reading to source code I do not get to anywhere. So I do not know from where this value is triggered.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brigitta,

Execute transaction code <b>BD79</b> in your R/3 system. This would take you to "<b>ALE IDOC Segments: Initial Screen For Conversion Rules</b>" screen. Select the conversion rule containing the the characteristic using the input help and click on the <b>change</b> icon. In the "<b>Rec. Field</b>" column, most entries would be in blue colours and a few ones in black. The black are the ones that contain the conversion parameters. Highlight one by one and click on the <b>Display</b> icon to see the details. Update the relevant table with characteristics <b>WWPP</b> and value <b>M05</b>. Save your entry. You can then go back and correct all the failed iDocs using transaction code <b>BD87</b>.

Going forward, you should no longer have this error with subsequent uploads.

I hope the above helps.

Do not forget to award the points please.

Regards,

Jacob

Message was edited by:

Jacob Taiwo