cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMon (RBPD) : Want to run RBPD but EWA is not configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to run RBPD (SODOCA) through solution manager but the system has not configured the EWA yet. Is there any other alternative such that I can run the SODOCA (Solution Documentation Assistant) without EWA?

Thanks in advance.

Rutvik Upadhyay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

the Solution Documentation Assistant has started years ago with the usage of workload data transferred from the managed system to the SAP Solution Manager system via the EWA available already at the start of the analysis.

This has been extended by requesting workload data via RFC directly from the managed system during analysis run, in case that EWA is not configured and/or not working.

And as workload data from the managed system have been collected in the meantime also in BW the newer functionality uses these data for analysis.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Heidtmann.

Yes, I am able to run RBPD without EWA over RFC connection.

Regards,

Rutvik Upadhyay.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

Pre -requisites notes are already shared so I don't want to repost it but rather some practical experience

You need to have good amount of data for RBPD to be a success ..therefore as much as Workload data EWA data and UPL data is available the much better report will be highlighting the current usage in ERP Production etc

If you don't want a good report but rather looking for a structure to be created in solman use the Excel upload interface in solar_project_admin which will be your temporary/interim solution

all the best

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I was wondering how would an RBPD analysis work for PI system, are the interface scenarios taken into consideration and included into project structure ?

Regards,

AD

former_member541232
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

I am afraid that EWA is prerequisite for RBPD. Its not that you cannot run RBPD, but analysis result may not be accurate. Check the following notes :

1683647 - Technical Prerequisites for SDA in SolMan 7.1

1639050 - Collective Note for SDA on ST 710

You can check if EWA are avaiable in System Monitoring Workcenter and select "Reports" on left navagiation bar.

Regards,

AD