cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Allocation Automation...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts...!!!

I am using product allocation functionality.

While using it we are facing an error VQ226 - Structure XXX for procedure XXX has no valid period type. We are facing this error only when there are multiple different materials as line items. If we use a single material, there is no issue. We are unable to find the solution for this.

Our analysis and observation so far is that this issue is because of the process we are following to maintain Planning Hierarchy (MC62) and Product Allocation (MC93/MC94).

We have a Z-transaction created to automate this both activities. This transaction populated all the options that can be used for Allocation and user can select the combination and just click on create allocation button and it will complete both the activities. But here when we check the tables and planning hierarchy there are mismatches. We can see those combinations in table SXXXE table but those are not there in Planning Hierarchy (MC62).

When we do both these activities manually without using this Z-transaction, it works fine.

Our doubt is on MC62 automation. So I would like to have your comments on the same and also we need to know if there is a way to Automate MC62 in right way.

Thanks a lot in advance for the same.

Quick response will be appreciated.

hp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following notes:-

• Note 579772 - Error Message VQ 226 is displayed
  • Note 617992 - VA01/VA02 :Message VQ 226 should not be displayed

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked the same but both the notes are alredy there in our system.

If you have any other idea or clue, do shre.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

hp

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you gone through the explanation given by SAP for the said error

Please check out your configuration and master data.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

All the periodicity related settings are upto date.

Thanks.

hp