cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC sets through Transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am creating BC sets from Transport request. For respective processes i have selected the TR in which whole configuration is saved for a process.

I s it the right approach that i am following?I s there anything which i am missing??

After creating BC sets i just have to do is activate the BC process in dev system in rollout to get the whole configuration done.?

Regards,

Abhishek R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I've always wonder why BC sets are not that much used... this is a question I had in mind since almost ten years at the time when SAP introduced BC sets. Since then I've never seen BC sets used outside of business functions (SFW5).

In my understanding BC sets are not really an alternative to the transport orders but it allows to transport changes at least in dev system with more traceability.

I thought it was possible to collect your customizing activities directly into BC sets.

Find here under some lines I grabbed from documents SAP published in 2002, I'm not sure I have the right to upload them.

I would be very interested by any other inputs / remarks in that area.

Regards

Business Configuration Sets (BC-CUS) - SAP Library

-The BC Set data can overwrite entries in the Customizing tables or insert new entries in them.

-In contrast to transport requests, BC Sets CANNOT make deletions in a system.

BC Sets should only be activated in systems in which you make Customizing settings. Test the settings before you transport them into your production system by comparing the BC Sets with the Customizing tables.

Answers (0)