cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while installing DI API (32 bit) for SBO 9.0 PL 05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I'm trying to install version 9.0 (32 bit) on my machine (windows 7 64 bit) . Everything is installed successfully except DIAPI . I'm not able to install the DI API. I try to uninstall / install many times but without luck . Cleared the SAP folder, temp folder but still when it comes to DI API installation it just failed.

Any help would be much appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1826770

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I already goes through this thread and followed this but no luck .

Regards

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this http://scn.sap.com/thread/945012

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. The installation setup is on my local machine and i have the local admin rights on machine machine. And I don't have any problem in installing other components including server tools, server and client etc.

Friday I changed my computer name keeping SBO 9.0 instructions in mind (not to include any special character in computer name) and then I uninstall sap 8.82 from control panel , everything related to SAP was removed. Then I try to install SAP 9.0 PL 05 .

Server tools -- > installed

Server  -- >Installed

Client -- > installed

SDK -- > Installed

DI aPI (32 but ) -- > Error -- > Another version is already installed .

I looked in control panel again -- > nothing there.

Then i again uninstall everything (for V9.0) -- > delete sap folder from program files (x86) restart my system --> again same error regarding DI API.

This error was showing me the registry value so I search the registry and found there that DIAPI related version 8 is still there .

So I took registry backup and try to rename registry key and value but with no luck . Still i was not able to install DI API

So today morning I delete the all the references from registry related to that value (the one i was getting showing Another version is already installed). and I start getting this error i.e. the network related error which is 1316.

I restore the registry backup to Friday's backup and then again try to install but I'm getting 1316 error constantly.

Try to clean the registry and fix the registry errors with CC cleaner but nothing is happened still stuck with 1316 error.

Regards

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Pari,

I got the same problem once. What I did that I removed all the registry values related to DI API. Wherever I got the DI API or SAP Business One DI API, I deleted that value from registry. After that, removed client from the system. Cleared Temp and deleted SAP Folder. Restart the system. And make a fresh installation of SAP Client. And it worked for me.

Hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Have you cleared or done something with the Shared Dll's as well ??

I'm asking this because I have try by deleting DIAPI from registry where ever I found and I dint found that at so many places but only at 3 places. I haven't done anything with shared dll's.

Once I delete from registry did a clean installation but still 1316 error was there . I have no idea why but yeah I'm getting this and I'm trying and following whatever I'm finding on scn but without any luck.

Regards

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pari,

No. It means that the value in the registry is still not cleared properly. I would suggest you first search 'DI API' exactly like this. And after that search 'SAP Business One DI API' in registry. It took around 15 minutes for me to clear the registry value. I think your registry is still not cleared properly.

Regarding Error 1316: It is also the indication that there are some values found in registry. You can use any windows cleanup utility (CCleaner etc.) for that.

Just do a try for me. Then reply accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Chauhan

Answers (0)