Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU24 Customer Data Upload Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have started the Security Upgrade activity (system upgraded from NW7.31 to NW7.4, SAP_BASIS 740 SP 0006)in Sandbox system S30 (GTS ABAP).

Before starting SU25, I want to take a backup of USOBT_C and USOBX_C and ensure I'm able to upload them again.

But I'm currently facing issue while trying to upload customer data in SU24 tcode.

Procedure:

1) Execute SU24. Select "Download".

Enter tcode:/IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP (for simplicity). I tried first with *.

Uncheck "Originals only".

I have downloaded the file for this tcode successfully.

2) Execute SU24. Select "Upload". Select Type of Application as "Transaction" and enter the above tcode.

Execute and upload our above downloaded file.

I'm getting the below error message:

The error shown above is for object S_TCODE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Analysis:

I have debugged the standard and exact issue is found at:

Issue: This tcode has TSTCA entry (S_TCODE auth check maintained in SE93) and USOBX_C entry (S_TCODE SU24 auth check).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I replicated this for a Z tcode and had the same issue.

But when I removed S_TCODE check in SE93 for this Tcode, I was able to SUCCESSFULLY upload.

But the issue with this manual procedure is, I have got so many Tcodes similar to this with so many different auth. objects. i.e. Large entries in TSTCA which are also in USOBX_C table.

I already tried SU24_AUTO_REPAIR,related OSS notes, went through alot of forums - but the issue still existing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I doing something wrong while trying to download/upload SU24 data? Or is this something SAP should fix?

Can anyone please help me with this issue ?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Srini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issues is resolved. SAP acknowledged the issue and provided a OSS note 2019354 in specific for this issue.

Thanks all for your help.

Best Regards,

Srini.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can any of you please look into this issue and help me if possible.

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

I'm not sure why you want to do this download / upload.  Does the normal SU25 procedure not work for you?  Here's an excerpt from the SU25 help:

Step 1

o   If you have not yet used the Profile Generator or you want to add
    all SAP default values again, use the initial fill procedure for the
    customer tables.

Steps 2a to 2d

o   If you have used the Profile Generator in an earlier Release and
    want to compare the data with the new SAP defaults after an upgrade,
    use steps 2a to 2d. Execute the steps in the order specified here.

I think you want to avoid Step 1 and then proceed with Steps 2a through 2d.  But, please explain if there's a reason you need to download / upload.

Edit:  I read your post again.  I guess you are concerned that SU25 will accidentally erase all your existing customization (i.e. someone accidentally executes Step 1).  In this case, I hope you still have your original SU24 maintenance in the real system (as opposed to the sandbox you are working on).  Perhaps someone else has better advice for restoring the USOBT customer tables in case of corruption?

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

As you have mentioned, I want to confirm that before starting the Security Upgrade activity,

I'm able to restore the SU24 data (from my Quality system or other source or in this case from the same Sandbox itself) back.

I guess there will be alot of changes/impact in my existing customer data due to the new Upgraded NW version, and I want to ensure the above in case if my existing SU24 customer data is corrupted due to technical/human errors or even by accident the "DONT EXECUTE" Step 1

Cheers,

Srini.

0 Kudos

Srinivasan,

For your rollback plan i.e. attempt to ensure to have back up of USOBT tables to upload it back to restore original config, I would do it differently. Because in Security, you never really have to do a roll back. With upgrades, there are always few items which will fall off and yield errors and those should be fixed on case by case basis rather than roll back.

I would suggest following

1) Download tables USOBT_C & USOBX_C (SE16) for peace of mind mostly

2) Assuming you have not run any steps in SU25, execute "Transport the Customer Tables", it will generate a transport which will serve as your restore transport in case it is needed in future. You do not need to move this transport to any system. It is just a back up transport.

3) Proceed with SU25 steps and do the upgrade.

In case you need to restore the original config, just use the transport from step 2.

Regards,
Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware that I need to do the upgrade adjustment step by step, but I want to ensure that also there is always a possibility to restore if required.

----

As you have mentioned if I create a Transport in Dev system -(in my project) I need it to move to Production mandatorily (confirmed with my BASIS team).

Maybe I can use the same transport created in DEV system as a backup option. I can use it to restore in the same DEV system in case any issues.

-----

So, then I need to create 3 TR's & release at each step for upgrade in my DEV system:

1) Before starting upgrade - Transport both customer tables (can be used as a Backup)

2) After upgrade - Transport both customer tables

3) All role changes during upgrade

----

In this case - Transport 2, should completely overwrite Transport 1 in my Production and all other systems. Am I right ?

Will the above methodoly be fine for Security Upgrade?

Cheers,

Srini.

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You just need to be assure to have backup of your tables before upgrade, so this seems to be ok.

Otherwise mostly the appropriateness would be taken care by Su25 steps itself.

In reference to original error, it seems standard report not downloading TSTCA entry while download, but it is checking it while uploading, so seems SAP error, please raise it to SAP, to get more clarity on it.

BR,

Mangesh

0 Kudos

Srini,

Before starting upgrade, please review Custom tables USOB*_C in DEV, QA & PRD if they are in sync.

Then yes, you will have three transports, but you don't have to move back up transport first on its own, it can go into production along with the other transport in sequence.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already raised message with SAP to analyse this issue.

Reg the table transports (taken before upgrade in DEV system): if I want to restore my customer settings at some point of Upgrade in the same DEV system, I have the option to use the same Transport, onerwrite in my DEV system.

My question is: Will this activity to import the TR in same source system create any inconsistencies ? And also as I'm bypassing SAP transactions and only the USOBT_C and USOBX_C changes are completely overwritten with this TR, will this cause any issue?

Cheers,

Srini.

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

I have compared Z tcodes and Z objects btwn DEV & PRD and it looks fine.

But to check all entries ?

I have decided to proceed with the TR (trusting it as the backup option) described above.

But reg TR restore (in case if any Upgrade issue) in the same source DEV system - Will this activity to import the TR in same source system create any inconsistencies ? And also as I'm bypassing SAP transactions and only the USOBT_C and USOBX_C changes are completely overwritten with this TR, will this cause any issue?

Cheers,

Srini.

0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You are not bypassing transactions as they are anyway part of USOB* Table. these two table are everything for PFCG profile generator.

Let me just explain to you what is happening with Su25 during upgrade.

SAP delivered entries are stored in USOBT and USOBX, so once you perform fill initial customer table those entries are transferred to USOBT_C and USOBX_C Tables. This is very initial step to activate profile generator.

USOBT_C and USOBX_C tables are linked to SU24 so whatever changes you do gets stored in *_C tables, after upgrades system store new entries in USOBT and USOBX table, so during upgrades steps through SU25,  system checks the difference in newly delivered USOBT and USOBX, but till you accept the changes your *_C table are same as your old systems status before upgrade. So if you restore the tables through TR it will still be the same before you complete SU25 steps. and you have to perform the SU25 steps again (Affected roles and all).

@Everyone: please correct if your opinion differs.

BR,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issues is resolved. SAP acknowledged the issue and provided a OSS note 2019354 in specific for this issue.

Thanks all for your help.

Best Regards,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I was also facing the same issue as of you and get it resolved by implementing the note which you have specified so thanks for that.

I have now downloaded the *_C using SU24 download function and tried to upload in our sanbox system but getting issue over there. After selecting the file while uploading it is getting stuck at Call Lock Administration step for long time and then getting runtime error later on as it is exceeding the time limit.

Can you please tell me your experience while uploading the *_C values back using the upload function, and also if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Dheeraj Virwadekar