cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need list Box in SAP Syclo Agentry Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All , is it possible in muliticheck box in SAP syclo agentry ? Requirment is : made application to send email when i choose recipients list ? through compelx  table or data table its coming one by one . But i want in list and i can choose mulitpla at same time . Can you please provide suggestion ? How it possbible ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kunal,

You are correct that there is no CT or DT control that supports multi-select (that I know of?).  You can do multi-select on Windows object list screens and tile lists, but I don't think this works on the phone or tablet clients.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a workaround would be to

- loop over the complex table and copy the entries in a "temporary" object collection

- add a list tile view to your details screen on the temporary collection

- enable single click action on the tile and add a single click action that will "mark" the tile (set/reset a boolean in the temporary collection object behind the tile)

- add, e.g., an embedded image to the tile that will be visible only if the tile is marked (to give visual feedback that the tile has been actually marked)

Hope this is relevant to your problem.

Regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel , Thnnks 4 ur replay .... Let me try this solution . Thanks & Regaqrds, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get this working?  If so, can you share how you accomplished this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

as Daniel already mentioned (step-by-step). You need a dummy object. This dummy object is maintained from e.g. a DT or CT, by looping over the CT or DT and creating the objects and pass it into a collection, that should be on the main object. You also need a flag within that dummy object, that represents the value of the checkbox. This flag is set via the single click action for example.

BUT that stronlgy depends on the platform you are using. In Windows it was working like a charm. I didn't test it on android or IOS. I think with IOS you have to do a workaround as Daniel already mentioned as well, with using embedded images.

Kind regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Michael!  I understand most of the steps that Daniel listed.  I need a little more details on how to "loop over the complex table and copy the entries in a temporary object collection".  Can you provide a little more information on how to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create a subaction step "CollectionAddLoop" with

- execution type "Loop over collection",

- as collection you have to specify the complex table you want to copy (if you have to filter the complex table and performance is an issue, use a complex table index - but prepared to throw your PC out of the window because it might take a while for you to figure out in which cases the index stuff works in this context),

- use the execution rule to filter the complex table in case you do not need all the entries

- as action, specify an action "CollectionAdd" where the action consists of a transaction step where the properties of the complex table are copied over to the temporary collection object being added (use "property from different object" and browse to the "current" row in the complex table you want to copy)

Hope this is sufficient information for you to implement this. If you have problems with the looping, first try to create the "CollectionAdd" action and copy the first line of the row and see if that works.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Daniel was faster! Thanks  for the explanation.

Nothing to add so far. His step by step guide is really nice. I especially like this sentence: " but prepared to throw your PC out....". One thing. please be aware it strongly depends on the amount of data you would like to use in a tile. If you are dealing with millions of records....please do not do it!

Kind regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill / Jason / Steve , Can you please check for this post ? Thanks &  Regards, Kunal Varaiya