cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book Data outside planning horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to APO  "Data partly after horizon 01.04.2010 to 01.04.2016"  message is coming when accessing planning book  in our production system, not in Testing/Quality system .refer attachment

when I gone through the forum we have to extend planning area using program  /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALISE.

To perform this activity  is  back up of the cube compulsory we have to do?

Please let me know is any other steps to follow to resolve this issue, with this issue the users are not able to access planning book.

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds

I Increased the Planning area  from 30.11.2015 to 31.05.2016 still I am getting the same issue.

I tried to Increase storage bucket profile as Fiscal year variant:V3 maintained so getting the error message"You are not permitted to change periodicities"

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SriHari,

If you have increased the periods again run consistency check and check the users are locked for the planning area/ planning book.

Thanks,

Bala.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srihari,

For authorization issues work with your security team on the object C_APO_FUN.

SOME planners may not be getting the message because their dataview rob ably has time bucket profile which is smaller. Please check.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash/Bala

The Planning book is the same only data view is different.Time bucket profiles for both dataviews are same Key figure data views are different.

The above error has came on only data view can I know the reason.

My doubt is Planning ares date range is same for both why its coming in only one data view.

we want to find the root cause, any clue.

Regards,

Srihari

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Check the horizon of the planning area and compare with your data view, right click on Planning area and select "Created Time Series Objects"

for example

Your Data view should not cross the End Date shown, which is the reason for your error. Also check the past horizon.

Please check and confirm

Regards,

JB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend that the frequency of running TS_PAREA_INITIALISE should match your time buckets profile. Looking at the error the period seems to be at the monthly level so scheduling the job/process chain with 25 months forward for these key figures at 00:01 on the 1st of the month should prevent the problem reoccuring.

Kind Regards

Alistair Glover

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

Backup of Planning Area is not required to roll the horizon. Only thing you have to make sure is Users have to be locked and no other job (to planning area) should run parallel.

Also it is important to include this job as a regular process (process chain / scheduled Job) at the start of the week, from midnight itself.

But as a general practice, it is advisable to have regular backups as a fail save mechanism.

Regards,

JB

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Srihari,

As for initialzing Planning Area and running a consistency check, I have incorporated both steps in our daily process chain as we load the 'Shipment History' on a daily basis. These activities do not consume much time in background practices. This will also help eliminate loading issues in the planning book.

thanks,

SUbash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Please let me know the programs to run for consistency check, as suggested by you I am planning to run daily/weekly basis.

Regards,

Srihari.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Please use /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE program which can help you with horizons..and also adjust automatic time hoarizons..

/SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INIT_TSDM- can be used with from and to dates..

Thanks,

Bala..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firends,

My Intialise Plannign area is from 01.05.2011 to 30.11.2015  and storage bucket profile is:

01.04.2012 to 31.03.2016.

1 . Now can you please tell me  whether I have to increase Planning area and SBP both for next one year.

2. When we loading the planning book only for some users ""Data partly after horizon 01.04.2010 to 01.04.2016"  message is coming. This has to come for all why it's coming for some users even both are loading planning book for same products.

Regards,

Srihari.M