Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of UNV to UNX

former_member360582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi With latest version of BO i.e IDT

we are in process of conversion of our Universe UNV to UNX format.

Our data base is Teradata.

Can you please let me know about new features of UNX.

Also to add whether these feature is working in BO 4.1?

Because we are migrating from 4.0 to 4.1 env.

Thanks

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

After migration to UNX get the advantage of the new features.

You can now connect to the Teradata 13 and Teradata 14 databases by using single sign-on authentication:

Universe Landscape Migration is an add-in to the information design tool that lets you migrate a relational, single-source universe created with the information design tool to a universe that connects to a database on SAP HANA. You can migrate universes based on Teradata of relational connections 

Connection Server only supports Teradata macros when the connection established uses ODBC.

And It does not support Teradata stored procedures in ODBC, because stored procedures do not return any result sets. It also does not support macros and stored procedures in JDBC.

Connections in the data foundation are listed in the "Connection" pane of the Data Foundation Editor. Some connections allow for multiple databases (called qualifiers), with different owners: Some data sources only provide owners (for example, Oracle, SAP HANA, DB2, and Teradata)

Below are the JAR File location

Teradata 12

teradata12,teradata, jdbc

Teradata

Teradata 13

teradata13, teradata, jdbc

Teradata 14

teradata14, teradata, jdbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCNAMKXjo2k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

The .UNX format is brand new in the BI4 release. Because the universe (semantic layer) is and will continue to be one of the most critical parts of a BI implementation, I believe that the IDT is designed to make sure that we could ease into the new .UNX features at our own pace. Because of this, BI4 included both the Universe Designer and the Information Design Tool. Universes migrated from XI 3.1 (or earlier) will be upgraded to BI4 .UNV files. Migrated reports will continue to use these universes. Any migrated .UNV universe will also continue to be single-sourced, and our primary reporting tool (Web Intelligence) will continue to run just as it did in XI 3.1. In short, everything can continue to operate as it had before.

Going forward, however, I would think that support for the legacy .UNV format will slowly be phased out. I can see indications of this today in looking at the following product support matrix provided by SAP earlier this year. Notice that some of the newer tools (SAP Dashboard Builder and Explorer) will not work with the .UNV format; they require a .UNX universe. SAP clearly wants their customers to move forward to the new .UNX format, and if we want to use the latest “toys” then we may be pushed there sooner rather than later.

Support matrix

You can refer the link for better idea of UNX universe. You can also refer the IDT User guide for more information that what you can do differently through UNX universe from the UNV universe.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shailendra