cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregated planning in SNP...almost there but need more guidance...

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gurus, 

I am working on Aggregated SNP for our company.

1. I have created a Loc Prod hierarchy. The hierarchy has 1 real Location under a pseuso Location and has 6 real products under pseudo header product.It looks like the screenshot below.

2. I do not have a PPM hierarchy or a Resource hierarchy

3. I run the Location heuristic for the header AGG_MFIBER@ Location 1010. I get the correct Pl orders for the header product. The Source Determination is set to Only Sub level.

4. I am able to disaggregate the header values to the sub-products fine.

5. But when I look at the Planned orfders for the sub products I see that there is no source of supply even though I have the PPMs for them.

Do I need to create a PPM hierarchy and then disaggregate it for the system to get the lower level PPMs?

I will work on it next week but if I can get some help it will save me a great deal of time.

Thanks in advance,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

I am SNP aggregation/disaggregation expert. First to answer your question, yes you must have a PPM or PDS hierarchy defined in order to allow the SOS assignment like indicated in the document for the source determination:

"A prerequisite is that you have created a hierarchy for production process
models (PPMs) or production data structures (PDS) on the basis of a
corresponding hierarchy structure. You must have assigned the hierarchy
structure to the planning area used."

Best regards,

Cyrille.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

How are you? It has been long....

This may end up in a long exchange....

1. I struggled for sometime before I was able to set up the LOC Hier and PROD Hier and generate the LOCPROD Hier, as my screenshots show.

2. I was able to run SNP for AGG_MFIBER and then disaggregate it to sub products. That is when I found the source of supply issue. I saw that the Header product did not have a SOS and created an SNP PPM manually. This is just after I posted the message.

3. After that I tried to create a SNP PPM Hierarchy. I was able to add AGG_MFIBER to level for header PPM. After that I added all the sub products in the above LOCPROD Hierarchy and was able to save the same. I went to the edge table /SAPAPO/RELDHPPM and saw 57 entries.

4. After that I ran SNP for AGG_MFIBER with Source Determination at 'Only Sublevel', the system created planned orders to cover the requirements but it still did not pick up the source of supply for AGG_MFIBER.

5. Then I changed the Source Determination from 'Only Sublevel' to 'Only Header level' and executed SNP. This time it put ONE planned order only for the header material in the second period but it did pick up the Source of Supply.

Still trying to understand the logic...

Any ideas here as I try to get further...

Thanks again,

Subash

Message was edited by: Subash Nanjangud Cyrille, After working thru the day on this issue I have been able to make things work...I will update the details tomorrow morning.. Thanks, Subash

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

yes it has been long indeed 🙂

Well the logic is not that strange since when you say that for source determination you use header level or sublevel then heuristic is using this settings to determine at which level we should consider the source of supply.

Do you see any reason why you will like to use only one level and not all?

As far as I can remember, other customers were always using all.

Now if you use sublevel only then at header level no source of supply will be assigned and then when you will disaggregate then the SoS should be assigned to sublevel.

In any case I would set this settings to consider all levels so that everything is planned with a SoS.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrille,

You might have seen the note that I have been successful after working thru the day yesterday.

We were able to use both Header and All levels and were able to create Planned orders for Header material and disaggregate to the 6 sub level materials successfully.

The reason planned orders for Header materials were not created in some periods was due to the lot size on PPM for Header materials. Once we set the lot size right in Header PPM we were able to create planned orders for the whole horizon and disaggregate it to sub products. But in the process we lost entries in the MATLORES tables and on OSS search I found some notes which I will implement and see.(In the meantime I created MATLORES entries manually.

One question still bugging me:

How does the system differentiate between the Header product and sub product?The one difference I see is Sub products came over from CIF and Header product exits only in APO. Is it how the system distinguishes?

Thanks,

Subash

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

the differenciation is done based on the hierarchy definition.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cyrille...I'm having an issue with PDS hierarchy and found this thread which says you are the expert.  I cannot figure out how to create the PDS heriarchy in /sapapo/relhshow.  I need to create the node to attach my PDS members to, but the node (header) seems to have to be in the PDS list of choices.  Since this list comes from auto-created PDSs from CIF models, I'm not sure how to create this PDS Header (level 1) to assign the member PDSs to (level 2).

Also, what is meant by "assign the hierarchy structure to Planning Area".  If this means in Aggregated Planning tab of Planning Area, I have done that already.  The structure is created and assigned.  Just no way to create the header to assign members to.

What am I missing?

Andrea

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

well you have to define also the PDS for header product (BOM and routing in ERP).

For your second question, if you have a custom hierarchy structure, then you have to assign it to your planning area but of course if you use the standard one, it is not needed since it is already assigned to the planning area.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that I have to setup the PDS for the header in ERP and CIF it over?  Because there really is no BOM/Routing because its really a placeholder to just hold the Aggregation of the other PDSs.  If this is what you are saying, then I will go back to business partners and explain it this way.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Andrea

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes you have to do this.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

You are in good hands. Cyrille helped me also thru this process. Our issues were more complex as we have both PPM and PDS inour company...

Thanks,

Subash

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Andrea,

Sorry I did not finish the response.

You have to set up the PDS hierarchy in SCM. You don't have to set it up in ECC and CIF it over

Thanks,

Subash

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

yes the hierarchy does not need to be created in ERP but the question was about the PDS for header product which is required and need to be created in ERP since PDS cannot be defined in APO.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How are you Sir?

Good reminder...we did our Agg SNP for our one division using PPM and hence we did not face the issue. Andrea needs to define that in ECC and get it into APO.

Also Best Wishes...!!!

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both Cyrille and Subash.  I was hoping there was an easier way than creating a dummy material, dummy BOM and dummy Routing in ERP, just to CIF this to SNP and use as the PDS Header.  But I am somewhat set on using PDS instead of PPM since this is the direction of SAP and especially since down the road, we will want to implement PP/DS. 

So I guess I'm forced to do it this way.  But at least now I know for sure.  Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it!

Andrea

Answers (0)