cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Component Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you see in the screenshot, the Comp.Conf /.../GRC_GRAC_ERM_OIF is assigned to Component FPM_OIF_COMPONENT:

But I think this is the cause for some errors in my application. The standard looks like this:

I want to set up the configuration to the standard, but I have no idea how to assign the component configuration GRAC_ERM_OIF (which is the standard for this application) to the component FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

The configuration is standard:

Any ideas how this could be configured?

Thanks and regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the most interesting question in your case is, how this change could have happened. It doesn't seem to be a delegation enhancement - this could be detected via the technical help (and your screenshot doesn't seem having a delegation enhancement implemented).

Probably the following documents can help to analyse your situation in more detail:

From your screenshots I would assume that someone has purely modfied the standard delivered SAP application configuration (which is dangerous and not the way we recommend to enhance standard delivered applications - for smoothly enhancing SAP delivered FPM applications we recommend the above documentation).

What you could analyze additionaly is to have a look at your application configuration via the WD ABAP application wd_analyze_config_appl to see whether any changes to the standard can be found.

Best regards,

Julia

PS.: If it is really a modification you assign the original floorplan configuration via SE80. You double-click on the affected application configuration, press "Start Configurator", enter in change mode. Then you select the affected configuration and press button "Assign Configuration Name".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Julia, I tried the workaround. But same problem:

I create new application configuration Z_DOP_GRAC_OIF_ERM_ROLE and assign the standard configuration name GRAC_ERM_OIF to it.

If I start my Z-Application, I see that still the modified Component Configuration is active...

In SE80 it seems like a kind of a delegation:

Can I delete this kind of delegation...?!

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, solved it (maybe not the best way, but it works).

I delete the delegation relationship in table WDY_CONF_DELC. Now everything works fine.

Thank you for your hints

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

as a quick alternative you can just create a new application configuration under application GRAC_OIF_ERM_ROLE and assign the standard OIF configuration to it.

To start the application with the new application configuration you have to right-click the newly created application configuration in SE80. Or you add as URL-parameter &sap-wd-configId=<NAME_OF_APPL_CONFIG>. That's it.

Best regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Do you have authorization/rights to change standard configuration?

Thanks

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean a developer key? No I haven't.

Which specific authorization is needed? Is there any button available which is not visible on my screenshots? I thought I have all FPM authorizations...

Br

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to say access key.So without access key, you cannot change the standard configuration. But instead, you can enhance it.

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I haven't.

But in the hierarchy browser I am only able to create new copies of an application, right?

There is no possibility to change a component configuration...?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a possibility if and only if you have access key. You can only create deep copy of the configuration.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK... and how it works if I have a access key?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is as same as creating Z-configuration for your Component.

Refer below links for reference.

Link1

Link2

Thanks

Katrice

arshad_ansary2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Seems like someone has made a deep copy  of Component Config GRAC_ERM_OIF to some namespace and did some changes over there.

To change it back to standard Component Config you can Application hierarchy browser

Exectue this Application and  give your application configuration name(GRAC_OIF_ERM_ROLE)   and press start.

You can change the Component Configuration from your namespace to Standard.

Regards

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arshad for reply.

But I do not understand... I start the Hierarchy Browser:

Than I click Continue and saw this:

What should I do now...? I can not make any changes. Is there a missing authorization?

Regards

Peter