cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDoc stored before update task (intermediate state)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I see every month 2 to 3 messages in SMW01 with status I04. I have cheked many blogs and they suggest to check in SM13. But on our system i don't see any messages in SM13. Also these messages doesnot display what the error is through Tcode SM13.

Can you please help me to find a solution for this messages.

regards,

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the below blogs as well but this also taking about SM13 where i could not find any messages.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1891672

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

Ideally BDoc messages with status I04 should not be created by any Business application. If the update task fails these BDoc messages are just dead bodies and have to be deleted manually – if the failed update  tasks cannot be restarted (what happens normally) via SM13. If the update task can be restarted the I04 BDoc message would be processed.

What you can probably try is this:

To reprocess I04 outbound Bdocs use the report Z_PROCESS_BDOCS_I04(from note 835761).  This report will pick up all the bdocs that are in status I04 and find the corresponding inbound bdocs.  It will reprocess them as this requires the Inbound BDocs to be present as the re- processing has to happen starting from the inbound processing. This will update all the CRM database tables + will generate the outbound  bdocs for updating the external systems to CRM, ex Mobile, BW, APO... So in short, The outbound mBDocs in the I04 status can be re-processed only  if the corresponding inbound mBDocs can be located in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the information. I need some more info.

These are all :mBDoc Notification

We have not received any update error so far for any BDocs which can relate to these messages.

But these messages keeps on failing. I am still confused, if the update was done successfully how can these BDocs failed?

Or is it like these are just warning messages and its says that your inbound BDocs were successfully stored in the database but since these inbound BDocs were stored before the update operation could be performed, the system generates this warnings?

If so can you please help me understand the followings:

1. How come BDocs getting processed successfully if the update only fails? Are these two different things. I wanted to know the flow of message.

example:

message -> CRM ->update operation -> Data save to CRM database or others like mobile database.

How the flow of message is when it enters CRM system?

2.Also you have mentioned that there will be an inbound BDocs too for the same message. Do the inbound BDoc will have same BDoc Message ID or how can i verify that the BDoc corresponding to all these BDocs with I04 status has been successfully processed. I check with the BDoc message ID and it has only one BDoc in SMW01 i.e these errors.

Thanks,

Vicky

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

I04 status signifies 'BDOC stored before update task' , and before the Bdoc goes into final status(SUCCESS or ERROR) it goes through multiple Intermediate states(signified by I01-I02 etc.)

I04 is a similar state of Bdoc wherein Bdoc fails to get confverted to a final state becasue the update task had failed. This is the reason you're getting this error repeatedly. It is the calling Application which is at fault here(combined with any user exits etc. that might have been introduced).

btw did you try report Z_PROCESS_BDOCS_I04(from note 835761)? If this report fails, it means there were no corresponding inbound Bdocs found for these I04 Bdocs. That'll answer your second question.

BR,

Rohit

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I04 is just a state of the Bdoc. You won't have any error/warning notifications becuase of this rather this state is meant to signify only the fact that you need to check the application(or the way it calls middleware)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your answers. I will check in the system with the report and the note you have mentioned and let you know my results.

Hope it should solve my problem.

regards,

Pinaki