Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SPM and It's Architecture ?

aluri_hemanth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I got to start an RFP on SPM Assignment.

I did some research and got to know below understanding

- SPM is an Integration Point between data extraction and classification. It is integrated between web user interface called the Data management Tool.         SPM is designed to extract data from number of disparate SAP ERP systems and aggregate data together.

- Data sourcing will be from SAP system and SAP ECC system that will be connected to SAP BW system

- SPM Standard Data extraction Tool kit is available and we need to Import ( SAP Transport File ) them into SAP ECC system to make them available.

- Standard BI content for SPM is available in SAP BW system

- Create BOBJ Reports on top of the Info cubes and Multiproviders.

I would like to know if my understanding is correct. Could someone guide me the architecture of SPM data flow in terms of Technical.

- How much time it takes to Implement SPM system in typical Sandbox Environment that includes ( Integration, data loading, Designing Dashboards )

- How will play the Vital Roles and who are the SAP technical Consultants required to Implement SPM system ( BASIS, BW ? )

- What is the Role of SAP BI/BW consultant and SAP BASIS Consultant ?

Can somebody provide me the details for above questions and how to Implement SPM in our systems and procedure details if we have step by step guide ?

Thanks,

HA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your main points are correct.

Additionally you can source data from non-SAP sources, but you have to work out your own extraction mechanisms, only SAP extraction mechanisms are provided.

Regarding the reports - you can use business objects but a key part of the product is the user interface that comes with the product - also, rather confusingly, SPM is sometimes referred to a business objects tool.

I'd estimate 2 weeks of 2 competent Basis/ J2EE resources to get a POC working in a sandbox, the some additional time on the BI side to install and activate the content.

The master guide/installation guides on help.sap.com do contain data flow diagrams

Read this, this may be of help for your other questions:

http://www.bluefinsolutions.com/Blogs/Neil-Bundy/November-2012/SAP-Spend-Performance-Management-FAQ/...

Thanks

Neil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HA,

It looks like Neil has you well covered, but I thought these KBAs might help too:

1239883    Extractor Starter Kit for Spend Performance Management(SPM) 

1679583    Enhanced PO Extractor for Spend Performance Management 

1891572    SPM Data Model and Data Flow tables

1882819    Spend Performance Management 3.0 SP03 Release Info Note

1977641    Component Requirements for Spend Performance Management 3 SP03 - SPM - EPM-SA

The docs are here: SAP BusinessObjects Spend Performance Management 3.0

The help is here: SAP BusinessObjects Spend Performance Management - SAP Library

Kind Regards,

John Harris

Senior Support Engineer, SAP Active Global Support,

SAP America, Inc., 1001 Summit Blvd, #2100, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA