cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Field discrepancy in Quality & Production System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is with reference to COPA value field discrepancy.

I would like to bring this issue to all your kind notice and expecting a response.

In the month Of January 2014 we had a Quality refresh and now there is EHP6 upgrade in progress

We have created a custom transaction for uploading the KE21 values in SAP, While uploading this, business had identified that there is discrepancy in the Value filed description due to which they are unable to process the KE21 Values.

I have checked our Quality system & Production system, they are not in Sync. and as per business the Production system the Value field from the Production system are OK, but the Quality system is not.

And there is no specific configuration happened related to COPA after refresh.

I have checked the DD04L & DD04T table to trace the changes made to these Value fields, but could not find any thing. and also i have checked in KEA6, KEA0 & KE24 transaction to compare these Value filed description.

Our Custom transaction is dependent on the COPA value field alignment, based on which the BDC is prepared.

I would like to understand on what basis the value field alignment would be displayed in KE21 transaction.

Also let me know if any other way to find out , who has made the changes to COPA value fileds

Appreciate your quick response

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Salaam!

When you say Value Field description is not same - What do you mean??

Assume, you have VV100 - Sales Revenue as the Value field... So, where is your problem??

a. VV100 exists in Quallity and Production, but the Description is not same, OR

b. VV100 exists in Quality, but not in Production?

If problem is (a) above, then why should your BDC be affected??

If problem is (b),, then BDC will get affected..

The way you can find how it changed and who changed it is:

1. Check the Transport requets that got imported into Quality recently

2. Check if someone changed the description manually from KEA6, by opening the client from SCC4

You can use Table DBTABLOG or CDHDR/CDPOS

Way Forward:

In my opinion, BDC is not a stable solution.. If you add any new Char or value fields in future, you will face same issues

So, better develop a program using Function Module BAPI_COPAACTUALS_POSTCOSTDATA... This will be a stable solution and would not get disturbed due to changes in the field position of value Fields

Br. Ajay M

Answers (0)