cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM PE Contin. inventory upon placement document cannot be displayed

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using WM inventory method PE Continuous inventory upon placement. The inventory documts are shown in LS03N (error message "Inventory number does not exist (new selection required)") and LS24 ("Inventory document cannot be displayed") and the last inventory date of the storage bin is updated as well but I am not able to display the inventory document (e.g. via LI03n). It seems like the inventory document is not available in table LINK.

Could you please tell me if PE-inventory documents cannot be displayed via LI03N and do not occure in table LINK?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is already a very long time that I played with this, but if I remember right then it is just the transfer order which is used as inventory document.

What is the number 9000000514 in your screenshot? Is it the TO number or is it from the physical inventory number range?

If it is an inventory number, then I think it is just stored in table LTAP field IVNUM

and if the TO is the only document, then you can't see it in LI03N

Have you tried to click the inventory number in LS03N? To where are you taken?

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

The 9000000514 number is listed as (last) inventory document (inv.method PE) for instance within transaction LS03N or LS24. It is form the physical inventory document range that is assigned for transfer orders (OMMB):

The inventory document is stored in LTAP-IVNUM but not in table LINK:

LI03N:

LS03N or LI05:

LS24:

I wonder if this is SAP standard behavior or something is missing in my system (e.g OSS note). what do you think?

Thank you!

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try display in LI03N transaction ?.It is a inventory document and you can see in this transaction.

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you read my comments? Via LI03N an error message occurs. Please see my posting before!

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry ,That is my mistake .

I have seen few notes .Please check anyone related to you ?.

591938 - Wrong generation of inventory document, transaction LICC

312251 - Inventory no. assignment during WM physical invtory

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information!

The OSS notes that you named are not related to the issue.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today I was able to check my systems and can at least confirm that yours and mine works equally, I get the same error messages if the count is done from the transfer orders.

LI15 allows some analysis, but you cannot dig into the "inventory document" itself, but you can get the TO number from there, and then you can use LT21 to check the document in detail.

SAP checks the existence of the document in table LIKP only when you want go into the detail, probably a design gap, maybe for performance reasons.

At least the TO count is considered in the progress overview LX25

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help!

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

As highlighted by Jurgen, it is standard SAP behavior and we all are getting the same error message. With my little knowledge of ABAP i was trying to understand why this error message comes and found that the reason for this error message is

Step 1 system is trying to find the inventory document number from LINK table

Step 2 Compare the LINK-LGTYP with the INIT-LGTYP(which will be blank)

if both are equal then throw the error message

in my case my warehouse number is 033 and Inventory number is 9000000001

The above statement at Line 30 fails because the Inventory number doesn't exist in the LINK

Now i did some analysis why the inventory document is not there in the LINK and found that

1) At the time of Transfer order creation system does all the processing using a dummy inventory document number

and that is the reason the document is not getting stamped into the LINK

The above information is just for knowledge purpose to keep our self updated

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Answers (0)