cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while triggering RFC message to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a sync RFC to HTTP scenario. The scenario works fine when RFC with 20 records are sent to PI. But when the same Interface with 300 records are sent. The RFC throws a dump "Server repository could not create function template for" and the message fails in SAP itself and does not reach PI.

Is anyone aware of this issue and the possible reason for this failure?

Thanks & Regards,

Loveena Dsouza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loveena,

There was a discussion that has an issue almost similar to yours. I think it was about the rfc look-up getting truncated (maybe 200 records). The suggestion was to take into consideration the number of work processes when calling an rfc. Sorry, I could not find the thread anymore.

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Loveena,

How many connections are opened?, have you try to increase the parameter Maximum Connections in the Sender RFC, the maximum can be 50 (https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Inaki,

The initial Connections is set to 25 and maximum connections to 50 in the Sender RFC channel.#

Thanks,

Loveena

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Loveena,

It could be do with the number of occurrences of the record.

If you go to message mapping do you see the occurrence as 1...to unbounded for both source and receiver?