cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verisign SSL Certificate for SAP SSL SOAP Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to generate the Signed Certificate from Verisign for my SAP SSL SOAP Client PSE.

I am using the DN as

CN=<SID> SSL client SOAP Client Certificate, OU=<My Company Name>, OU=<DEPT>, O=<My Company Name>, C=<Country>, SP=<State>, L=<Locality>

While generating the Signed Certificate I am getting an below error to

Common name is a hostname.

The common name in your CSR is a hostname which does not meet CA/Browser Forum requirements. Instead, use a fully-qualified domain name and try again

Please help to how to proceed.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are trying to request wrong type of certificate, a server certificate whereas you need a client certificate. Notice that that client authentication might be a requirement, depends on requirements set by your peers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply. I am implementing ADS for generating Digitally Signed PDF Documents from my SAP system.

For that I need to have SSL connection between my ABAP & ADS server.

Please help me on how to request Client Certificate from Verisign or any other SSL provider?

Regards,

Sachin Sable

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of ADS you don't need to have the certificate signed by Verisign, you can use a self signed certificate. Regardless, you need a server certificate that you install at least on AS JAVA which hosts ADS. You may choose to enable SSL also on AS ABAP. A server certificate requires a fully qualified host name such as host.company.com.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

You mean for ADS only ABAP & JAVA Server Signed Certificates are required & ABAP client self signed certificate can be used ?

OR For ADS the signed certificates are not at all required?

Regards,
Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use self-signed certificates for both server and client certificates. As long as AS JAVA and AS ABAP trust each others root certificates, there shouldn't be any issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the error message it is clearly indicated that you need to use FQDN to generate ot implement certificates.