cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set focus in a table with input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a table with input field in one column. Suppose the control is now on the first row and if I click on any other row, without entering anything into the input field in the first go, the control moves to that particular row.

But if I drag and select the text in the input field of another row, without just clicking on the row in the first shot, the control fails to move, though the cursor moves to the input field of that row.

I cannot expect the user to first click on the row, wait for the control to move to that row and then change the text.

Is there some way I can move the focus as soon as the user drags and selects the text in any of the input fields?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

When u hit 'TAB' key the cursor changes its position on the same row. But if the cursor is on last column of that row and then u press the 'TAB' key, the cursor moves to the first column of the second row but the focus still on first row. Because, in WD to change the focus on rows, u requires server events. TAB is the client-event and WD still lacks handling of client-side events. So , the event is not triggered and thus you cannot handle that event. In Summary, I don't think it is possible.

Do reward point if it helps.

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for the info.

Actually, using the 'TAB' key is not my issue. In fact, I dont need to implement the 'TAB' functionality at all, right now.

What I am trying to achieve is, just by using the mouse pointer, to move the focus(lead select) to a different row, when the user selects a text in any of the input fields. I know that the lead selection moves smoothly to a row when the user clicks on that row. But when the user selects the text in the input field of any of the rows, the lead selection fails to move (though the cursor moves correctly)

Not sure if its making any sense

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reena,

As per my knowledge thats a limitation. Since <b>click</b> generates a server side event and just plain selection does not generate any server side event the lead selection does not change dynamically....

<b>- Chintan</b>

Answers (0)