cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier description truncated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are using SPM 3.0. When we launch report "Spend by Supplier" from SPM portal, we find that the supplier description is truncated to 20 characters. When we validate the same supplier in PSA, it has the correct length (more than 20 characters). If we export this report to excel, still the supplier description is truncated to 20 characters.

My question - Is it a limitation with SPM portal to display only 20 character length for supplier description as we find the correct description length (more than 20 characters) available in BW?

Any pointers would be helpful and rewarded.

Best regards,

Madhur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

There should be no limitation.

Open the Bex query - "Spend analysis final" in Bex Query Designer and change the text of the supplier characteristic to "long text".

Thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neil,

Thank you for your response. Please excuse my ignorance, but I come from ERP functional background and may need some more help here.

I could open the "Spend Analysis Final" query in BEx Query Designer but could not locate where to change the supplier characteristics text to "long text". Could you please help me with detail steps from thereon?

Appreciate your help

Best regards,

Madhur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

Select the supplier characteristic in query designer, and then from the "properties" pane on the right hand side choose the "Display" tab. The first section of this tab is called "value display", the second drop down is "Text View" change from standard to "long text"

Thanks

Neil

Answers (0)