cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP xMII migration from 11.5 to 14.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are migrating from xMII 11.5 to 14.0. I have gone through the below links, latest CUG and got some idea about migration procedure and got few queries before I run the migration tool.

1. What is migration tool version that we have to download for MII 14.0 SP04? Is the latest version is enough for MII 14.0 SP04?

2. Does the tool migrates only the project code files or migrate configation,security files as well?

3. I mean I want to know which files the tool would migrate and which files we have to manually migrate?

4. Can somebody provide any documents for migration procedure other than CUG?

Thanks in advance,

Eshwar. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswaraiah,

1. You can download the latest version of the migration tool from service market place.This will work.

2. This migration tool migrates the project files as well as configurations files, security files as well.

3. So you do not need to import any file manually.

4. I don't have any document rahter than CUG for this migration process. But you can follow the CUG for migration.

Regards,

Rohit Negi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Out of curosity a quick question-

What kind of differences will be there while migrating from 11.5 to 14.0 beacuse its a big jump.

I am asking this beacuse 11.5 is not NW enabled.

OR the migration tool is such a smart thing that it can take care of the differences?

Throw some light.

Regards,

Muddassar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muddassar,

The Migration tool is built for this specific purpose only.

You don't have to worry about these things.

Migration tool will take care of migration from a MII 11.5 to MII 14.0 and will do the necessary changes required for the configurations and the Project files.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Rohit.

Regards,

Muddassar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thnaks for reply.

I was facing some issues with latest version of migration tool and downloaded Migration tool SP01 which worked for me.

Now I am facing couple of issues in this migration.

1. Localization is not migrated properly.

2. Data Servers are not migrated properly.

Below is the the migration log file content.

Localization:

Convert and migrate D:\XMII_115\Lighthammer/Illuminator/Properties/UserStringResources_en.properties

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Request to _http://ABC:50000/XMII/Illuminator?Service=Configuration&Mode=StringResources&Type=import

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Error processing request, SQL error has occurred on query Failed to set the parameter 3 of the statement >>INSERT INTO XMII_Localization (Locale, KeyName, TextValue) VALUES (?, ?, ?)<<: Cannot assign a blank-padded string to a parameter with JDBC type >>VARCHAR<<.

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Convert and migrate D:\XMII_115\Lighthammer/Illuminator/Properties/UserStringResources_es.properties

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Request to _http://ABC:50000/XMII/Illuminator?Service=Configuration&Mode=StringResources&Type=import

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Error processing request, SQL error has occurred on query Failed to set the parameter 3 of the statement >>INSERT INTO XMII_Localization (Locale, KeyName, TextValue) VALUES (?, ?, ?)<<: Cannot assign a blank-padded string to a parameter with JDBC type >>VARCHAR<<.

Data Servers:

Unable to process response,

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Request to _http://ABC:50000/XMII/Illuminator?Service=Configuration&Mode=DataServers&Type=import&Disabled=true

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Unable to process response,

Mon May 12 06:20:11 CDT 2014 Convert and migrate D:\XMII_115\Lighthammer/Illuminator/Conf/ServerPermissionMaps.xml

Thanks , Eshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswaraiah,

It looks like a bug.

Raise a CSN for this.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what is this CSN. please provide more info on this.

Is there any workaround for the localization problem.

Thanks, Eshwar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think he meant CSS ticket.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswariah,

Sorry I meant CSS ticket.

Regards,

Rohit Negi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply.

I have couple of .asp or .aspx files which run on IIS, xMII 11.5 server. during migration how would we make these working on NW.

Is there any way that we can deploy .NET pages on NW. If yes, what is the procedure and documents would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Eshwar

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically you can't run them in the MII/Netweaver web container because it's based on java. You have to replace the functionality using jsp or ajax methods etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks christian.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a migration and upgrade guide somewhere here on SCN with some do's and dont's that might help you do some housekeeping and other pre-migration related efforts for a smooth 11.5 upgrade.