cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferences in SPM 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are using SPM 3.0 and once logged onto the portal, we have "Preferences" on the top right. Under it, we have "Report" where we have a field for Data Source (actually it is a query) followed by some chart preferences.

My question is, what is the significance of this Data Source field here? Does it mean that for a certain Data Source (BW query), user can mention charting preferences? I am not able to test this feature since we are experiencing an error "Could not persist user preferences" while saving it.

Appropriate help would be appreciated and rewarded. Thank you.

Best regards,

Madhur Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

You asked: “what is the significance of this Data Source field here?” and “…a certain Data Source (BW query), user can mention charting preferences?”

The datasource for the report parameter in preferences sets the default query for any new report. The charting options listed below that are not connected to the selection of the datasource, they are specific to the user - not the datasource.

Kind Regards,
John Harris
Senior Support Engineer, SAP Active Global Support,
SAP America, Inc., 1001 Summit Blvd, #2100, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick response. But may I ask a further clarification.

So if I change the data source default value "Spend Analysis Final [0ASA_MP01_Q1002]" to "Contract Age [0ASA_MP01_Q200]", what would be the impact for an end user? Do you mean to say that after this change, if the user goes on to create a new report, the dimensions and measures available would change according to the query?

Best regards,

Madhur

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur,

Yes.

So... this is the scenario...

Create a new report.

That setting determines what measures and dimensions are selectable for the new report.

Kind Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you John for the clarification

Best regards,

Madhur

Answers (0)