Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing TREX to search for information in PDF

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searchable PDFs in a content server stored via archivelink. I need to search the PDFs from the ERP system. I searched through TREX Admin Tool in the SAP System (TREXADMIN) - SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search - SAP Library but didn't find answers to the following questions:

- Which possibilities do I have to search with SAP standard tools content in PDF files and display the list of PDFs?

Could someone please give some keywords to help me find the right informations?

Greetings, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that TREX is the tool that will perform the indexing, but you need the Enterprise Search system to tell TREX how to do it/set it up correctly.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwes73/helpdata/en/4a/654f39cd241c50e10000000a42189c/content.htm

I didn't come across anything specific like PDFs, but I would also assume this falls under the meta data type of terminology.

This might be helpful searching for PDFs in this SCN Space.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

the TREX is just an application that index documents and provide a functionality to search on the content of these documents. However you need to setup one of the provided by SAP applications , to be able to index and search documents. There is a long number of such applications. One of them is already mentioned by Billy - Enterprise Search . Probably you can also use the DMS or Enterprise Portal.

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for your answers. I will take a look into it. Maybe there is also one simple solution with some ABAP development because I would like to avoid using some other application. Hoped that there is a solution that does not involve additional applications.

Regards, Vanessa