cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Conversion Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am having some issues in unit conversion.Let me brefly explain the scenarioa below

Coversion Type Settings:

Source currency:    Data record from target

Target Currency:    From variable ( Input variable in BeX report)

Conversion  factor: Dyanamic Determination of conversion factor

Using Reference Infobject if available otherwise use T006

Reference Infobject: 0Material

Now for 1 material "Conversion to ton" attribute is zero as below. But at report level conversion to TO is happening correctly.

However for other material Conversion to TO is zero and at report conversion aint happening. (Target currency appears as ERR).

Why is conversion not happening for 20053110, because in both the cases above 0Material infobject is referred to read conversion factor.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

In both cases, the value in the "Conversion to TON" attribute is irrelevant.

The option you have selected in RSUOM will basically do the following

1. Check the unit conversion DSO for 0MATERIAL. You can see the DSO name if you open 0MATERIAL in RSD1, check the BEx tab. Normally it is UOM0MATE, but it may be configured as something else in your system. This DSO defines the conversion rates at a material level. For instance, it could say the conversion rate for Material ABC for Pieces -> KGs is X... i.e. 1 piece = X KGs.

2. If the above fails (i.e. no conversion exists for the material in the above DSO), then it tries to convert the quantities based on the T006 table. This second step only works for conversions within a physical dimension. For instance, the second step will work for conversions from Ton->KG, KG->lbs, metres->feet, litres -> gallons etc, but it will not work for say gallons -> tons or pieces -> kgs.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas

For material 20053110 PC--> TO conversion is maintained in UOM0MATE.

But still its nt converting at report level.

Thanks

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayab,

Some more info will be needed

1. How has the Conversion type been defined in RSUOM?
  2. What is the source unit i.e. what is the unit in the transaction record?

Screenshots of the above, along with a screenshot of UOM0MATE would really help.

Regards,

Suhas