cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE Integrator - Unable to Collect Universe Connection Metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to extract BI Platform metadata using BOE Metadata Integrator in Information Steward, the integrator is collecting almost all metadata from BI platform except Universe Connection details (like Universe Connection, Database Schema) and also it unable to parse the Reports SQL. The error log is listed below:

Could you please help me to find the root cause for the issue.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved. Due to non-proper authorization to the user, the integrator is failed to extract Universe Connection.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramakrishna,

How did you configure the integrator for BI Platform from CMC of IPS? We hhave IS 4.2 SP2 version, but BI platform is on 4.0 SP5.

Does it support?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

As we are in 4.1 version of BusinessObejcts BI and IS in 4.2, so i went with below architecture:

For your case, you have to install IS Remote Job Server to extract metadata from BOE of 3.x / 4.x SPx version. You will find the details of installing remote server in IS Installation Guide under section 4.1.

If you find any difficulty or need additional information, let me know.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation. I am missing client tools on IS environment. Is it mandatory to install Client tools in IS/DS server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case, we don't have 4.1 Environment, we have 4.0 env, so client tools of 4.0 need to be installed in my case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to install Business Objects client tools where you have installed Information Steward (make sure that the client tools version should be same as server version). As you are in lower version, additionally you have to install IS Remote sever.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean IS server version or BI Platform server version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be more clear - Do i need to install 4.1 client tools or 4.0 client tools?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

The BOE Client tools versions should be same as BIP version (not the IPS version). in your case, you have to install 4.0 SP5 version Client tools in sever where you installed IS.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramakrishna for your help.

I also need to install remote server to integrate the BI platform.Now my problem is solved. Lessons learned.